Radio reset after battery disconnect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio reset after battery disconnect?

Hi all. I have a 2014 Sports Tourer and am about to disconnect the battery to charge it. Can't find anything in the manual about resetting the radio or anything else. Can someone advise please. Thanks ;-)
    Always strive to do better. If a job needs doing don't ask do it.

You don’t need to worry about anymore

Comment

Not with you? I've read elsewhere that"windows"have to be reset?

Comment

Yeah only the windows. It just asks you to put each one down then back up again. Radio is married to the car at factory so no need to reset anything there.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          Yeah only the windows. It just asks you to put each one down then back up again. Radio is married to the car at factory so no need to reset anything there.
          Thanks very much, that's much appreciated all. The reason I'm charging the battery is that the stop start doesn't work. I know that some switch it off anyway (ECO button) but any tips please? Thanks

Comment

Worth getting a new battery soon.

Comment

The savings you potentially save by using the stop start will be completely wiped out by the cost of a new battery. Just don't use the stop start and save wear and tear on components
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                The savings you potentially save by using the stop start will be completely wiped out by the cost of a new battery. Just don't use the stop start and save wear and tear on components
                start/stop, erg, dpf, adblue etc they are all there to save the environment with extra cost to the end user when it goes wrong

government should have stuck to LPG as its a lot cleaner than petrol or diesel, oh wait they couldn't tax it as much

Comment

Thanks charge went well. Using stop start at present but am also keeping an eye on battery. Has anyone checked the holding voltage engine idle and when running with air con off and air con on? I have some figures I want to compare. Cheers
                  Originally posted by Henry-root View Post
                  Thanks very much, that's much appreciated all. The reason I'm charging the battery is that the stop start doesn't work. I know that some switch it off anyway (ECO button) but any tips please? Thanks

Comment

Stop start now working ok after bit of a drive provided air con is off. Prefer to have it on rather than off so far :-)
                    Originally posted by Henry-root View Post
                    Thanks charge went well. Using stop start at present but am also keeping an eye on battery. Has anyone checked the holding voltage engine idle and when running with air con off and air con on? I have some figures I want to compare. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X