No announcement yet.

Sat Nav upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC Lff64 purchased the nav upgrade but it wouldn't work so also had to pay to update the Intellilink unit in order to get the nav software installed
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

0011728, how much did you pay for the software update. I've been quoted £200 which is more than I'm willing to pay

Comment

My 2014 Insignia - see spec on my details - has the earlier RF900 Intellilink system installed which I believe is the same as the 900 in effect, it just had a different name. Correct me if I am wrong. However having made considerable enquiries the map upgrade I need is the Navi 900 Intellilink V2.0 USB stick. Part no M V0039140763. Retail price £118 plus vat. I was not advised either by Service Manager or Parts Manager that I also needed to update "radio software" but can pursue this.

However, the system has major disadvantages compared to a normal SatNav. I have a TomTom 1005 and in comparison with this even the updated maps fall short as follows:

1. Live traffic. Vauxhall rely on RDS. TomTom continually update your traffic as you drive. Compare this to RDS which you hear maybe once a day. There is no comparison. Here is what TT say
        INSANELY ACCURATE TRAFFIC INFORMATION
        We're passionate about traffic so you don't need to be. TomTom Traffic gives you insanely accurate traffic information, in real-time. You'll know where traffic has slowed down and why. What you see on your screen is what you'll find on the road.
        2. Speed/safety cameras. The Vauxhall system have these marked on maps but you cannot get audible warnings so what a complete waste of time. Also you cannot update so they can be up to 12 months out of date. I update my TT every week.
        3. Maps. From what I have seen of my 2014 map it is rubbish and does not use minor roads to avoid jams. Also, just the same as the cameras, you don't get updates. Rubbish. TT go as far as to also incorporate thousands of missed changes into their routes supplied by users. Vauxhall don't and can't.

Soz to hear that you bought the map upgrade Anran. I almost did myself. But I will not now.

The crying shame is that a decent SatNav would surely be a of great appeal yet with at least this version they completely bollixed it up. I presume that later cars have proper satnavs, o do they???
        Always strive to do better. If a job needs doing don't ask do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anran View Post
          0011728, how much did you pay for the software update. I've been quoted £200 which is more than I'm willing to pay
          My post referenced Lff64, not me
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Yeah spotted that when reading another post. Looks like Lff64 lives near me too so will ask him the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Anran View Post
              Yeah spotted that when reading another post. Looks like Lff64 lives near me too so will ask him the question.
              If you want to get a member's attention in the thread they haven't already posted in, type an @ before their name and they should get an email informing them they've been mentioned.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                If you want to get a member's attention in the thread they haven't already posted in, type an @ before their name and they should get an email informing them they've been mentioned.
                Thanks for the advice but have now trawled through the threads and found how much it cost him

Comment

Working...
                X