air con regass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air con regass

The air con is not as cold as it should be, would it be covered by 3 year warranty?

I would not think so I had to pay to have mine looked at and that was under warranty still .
    Maybe just worth a phone call to your dealer to see what they say

Comment

A re-gas is maintenance. Needs doing every so often just like brake fluid change

Comment

Yeah it's a service. Wouldn't be under warranty. I tend to get mine done every couple of years while my cars are having the normal service.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Someone at work was asking where to take his car to get it regassed I suggested Halfords as it’s not my car and apparently they have got a bit fussy saying it needs a check first before they can regas the system which they charge £30 .
          They told him the regs have changed regarding aircon servicing and they have to carry out this check not sure how true this is ?
          I thought that part of the regas service meant they did this anyway ie vac out the system (oil and gas ) check the vac holds to check for leaks then refill the system if it is good

Comment

The checking is done while being regassed. Why on earth did you recommend him to halfrauds. I had one of our cars done at ATS

Comment

I only advised him to try Halfords as they are close to our work and the place I use had said they were very busy and could not fit him in ,his own fault for leaving it until the day before he was going a long trip to get it looked at .
              In the end he has taken it to the first place and it has cost him about £300 due to a holed rad ( I think he said ) it is a seat not a VX .
              I just had a look at halfords garage prices they are quoting £29 for the check then £30 to regas if system is Ok ( with old type gas) or £70 with the newer type gas .
              That is a hell of a difference in price .

Comment

think i paid about £30 to have mine done, the machine vacs the old gas out and collects it for proper disposal, it then holds the vacuum pressure for 10/20 mins to check for leaks, it then fills the required mass of gas into the system
                i used HiQ in kettering, the guys even fixed a leaking tpms sensor for free while i waited

Comment

Working...
                X