Paint bubbling and peeling on 2016 front bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint bubbling and peeling on 2016 front bumper

Just noticed this after the car was valeted today. I guess the power jet has caused the paint to crack after it's bubbled. We've probably had the sunniest weather ever up here but I've never had this happen before. I thought it would be covered by the warranty but was surprised to read in the service book that paint only has 1 year warranty. Is it safe to assume that it's not Vauxhall's problem? I bought it as a Network Q approved car just under a year ago, though the salesman was vague as to what that actually meant.
    Attached Files

I've said it before ..............a light Power watch is ok .......but some of these car valets equipment is far too overpowered .......

Comment

Power watch? Don’t think telling the times guner help.

Hasn’t had a repair/respray has it ?
      sigpic

Comment

Not that I'm aware off no. The first 2 Anti-perforation inspections have been completed in the service book. To fair to the valet place, you can see other small bubbles to the right of the main damage. Doubt the jet wash would have taken the paint off if it hadn't already bubbled.

Comment

never use these new car wash places, their pressure washer are worse than flamethrowers, not to mention the pre-wash acid they squirt all over the car. Water will be forced beneath any chip or crack from a stone strike. Best washing the car yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Logosgil View Post
            Power watch? Don’t think telling the times guner help.

Hasn’t had a repair/respray has it ?
            To me, it looks like it might of had a respray too. Not necessarily a bad thing but often the paint is not as resilient.

Comment

The panel gap would make it likely had work done
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

If I was you I’d be spending a couple quid getting a hpi to make sure she’s not had any nasty prangs and had a new front end

2014 Insignia Facelift, 2.0 CDTI, Ecoflex S/S

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
                  If I was you I’d be spending a couple quid getting a hpi to make sure she’s not had any nasty prangs and had a new front end

2014 Insignia Facelift, 2.0 CDTI, Ecoflex S/S
                  You would only show if it had been a total loss.

It’s clearly had a repair and not a very good one.
                  Looks like the paint is splitting along the edge as well it’s only going to get worse.

I suspect the warranty would cover original paint defects and not repaired defects but it’s worth a try to see what they say.

Ask if they can contact precious keeper as if it’s an insurance repair then the paint warranty maybe longer and still covered.

Comment

Working...
                  X