X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
    Lovely motor. A worthy flagship model.
    It's funny you should say that.
    A few weeks ago I was contacted by the manager of a main VX dealer.
    They specifically contacted me because I have the old flagship model and to gauge my interest in the new one.
    Due to very low sales volumes of the new flagship, and VX being keen to get more out there, the manager was prepared to offer some substantial incentives to get me to p/x.

Anyway, I grumbled to the manager that while the latest flagship was a nice car, I felt that it didn't move things along enough compared to the now-nine-year-old design of the old one, unlike other manufacturers whose cars had gained power and speed since then - and the new one has lost the nice V6 engine character while also adding potentially troublesome direct injection (see Astra K 1.4T forums).

To add to my concerns, and having punctured two low-profile tyres on my Swift Sport during the winter to underline the point, I'm not keen on the trend for big alloys with rubber-band tyres - the new car having gone to 20" from 18" on the old model.
    So I told the manager that while I appreciated his generous offer, there was no offer he could make that would persuade me to change.
    But I said to him that if Vauxhall had fitted a 280-300hp engine to give a bit more 'go' than the old one, and 18" alloys to maintain good pothole resistance, I'd be much more interested.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
      It's funny you should say that.
      A few weeks ago I was contacted by the manager of a main VX dealer.
      They specifically contacted me because I have the old flagship model and to gauge my interest in the new one.
      Due to very low sales volumes of the new flagship, and VX being keen to get more out there, the manager was prepared to offer some substantial incentives to get me to p/x.

Anyway, I grumbled to the manager that while the latest flagship was a nice car, I felt that it didn't move things along enough compared to the now-nine-year-old design of the old one, unlike other manufacturers whose cars had gained power and speed since then - and the new one has lost the nice V6 engine character while also adding potentially troublesome direct injection (see Astra K 1.4T forums).

To add to my concerns, and having punctured two low-profile tyres on my Swift Sport during the winter to underline the point, I'm not keen on the trend for big alloys with rubber-band tyres - the new car having gone to 20" from 18" on the old model.
      So I told the manager that while I appreciated his generous offer, there was no offer he could make that would persuade me to change.
      But I said to him that if Vauxhall had fitted a 280-300hp engine to give a bit more 'go' than the old one, and 18" alloys to maintain good pothole resistance, I'd be much more interested.
      Yes, I understand what you say about the big wheels, having just replaced my Vectra 1.9CDTI SRI XP Nav, which came with 19" snowflakes and tyres with a 35% side profile. No surprise there that VX no longer offer 19" wheels, opting for 20's or 18's with a bigger sidewall instead.

Visually the GSI certainly looks the part, but what really outdoes it is the Insignia-based Regal GS with a 310bhp 3.6 V6, which is for the American, Australian and Chinese markets only, fitted with 20" alloys.

There is certainly a trend to ditch V6's for 4-cylinder turbos, with it's plus and minus points, even happening in the US.

Can't help feeling that the VXR trim has been abandoned , to be replaced by GSI with less grunt. The new Corsa GSI has been announced with the 148bhp 1.4T engine.

I agree that new engines can carry risks, with those who buy them doing the real-world testing. The 1.5T engine is a mildly warmer version of the 1.4T. I just hope it proves to be ok. I still remember just how good the Saab-engineered 2.0T was that I had in a preface Vectra.

Comment

2000rpm yeah VX power options are pretty limited these days. It looks like customers they're trying to attract are the Euro namby pambie environmentalists as well as keeping the governments happy.

The wheels are an easy option to sort. You're the customer and if you want 18" wheels you just tell them. I would recommend test driving the 2.0t petrol. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how these cars go because of the weight reduction. I can only base my experience on my 1.5t but this thing really goes. I was shocked at how this engine reacts when you give it some and how quiet it is while doing so. The 2.0t will definitely go when you consider the car shares the same weight reduction.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

+1 for the 1.5 turbo for me as well, I’ve got it in an sri Tourer and love it. Amazing how well it shifts what is a big car. Even fully loaded up for a week away with wife, child, dog and all the luggage it doesn’t struggle and shifts along nicely...I’m very much looking forward to our drive to France next month!!

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            2000rpm yeah VX power options are pretty limited these days. It looks like customers they're trying to attract are the Euro namby pambie environmentalists as well as keeping the governments happy.

The wheels are an easy option to sort. You're the customer and if you want 18" wheels you just tell them. I would recommend test driving the 2.0t petrol. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how these cars go because of the weight reduction. I can only base my experience on my 1.5t but this thing really goes. I was shocked at how this engine reacts when you give it some and how quiet it is while doing so. The 2.0t will definitely go when you consider the car shares the same weight reduction.
            Anything smaller than 20" wheels for the Elite 2.0T or GSI would be a special build. No doubt with a long wait and a premium price.

I've driven the 2.0T (250) Insignia A which is the same engine as carried-over to the B and it's a good engine.

But for a comfy family cruiser, I'd always choose the larger-capacity, higher-cylinder-count, less-boosted engine. 3-litre, six-cylinder (petrol and diesel) is still popular in top-end models of the true luxury car makers.

Comment

The 2.0T (250) engine is a cracker, enough power when needed for overtaking especially in 3rd. You can easily go from 30mph effortlessly to near triple figures without changing gear if required . smooth, quiet but a bit thirsty when pushed
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Well an update, I will try to not get to angry

Nothing the dealer has done wrong they are bending over backwards to be honest but hands are tied, ill try make it as short as possible

So basically there is no spare part for this pipe in the UK or Europe so its still not fixed.

Escalated this to customer services, and apparently its gone higher and the area service manager is involved etc

Things go wrong, not got a problem with the car breaking much I got a problem with the why the hell isn't it being shipped over night from wherever they make these parts but apparently produce line cant just give me 1 of theirs...………

Coupled with the fact I am still without a hire car, partially my fault for saying ill give it a week or so and use my own to organise a hire car to be told it was only for 1 day then a 2nd time last night that they had no one to deliver it to my house cause they stop working at 6. I wasn't best amused and a 235i isn't great on petrol
                2018 GSi

Comment

I'd start mentioning the word "reject"

Fking ridiculous shipping cars without parts backup. They're all faceless morons. I bet they'd be more helpful if they were within reach of a slap. W4nkers!
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

They are building these cars or not apparently at present its break time or something

I could have gone to PIRTEK and got a flexable hose made up as a temp and id have a car till the part comes in
                    2018 GSi

Comment

Originally posted by DS1978 View Post
                      Well an update, I will try to not get to angry

Nothing the dealer has done wrong they are bending over backwards to be honest but hands are tied, ill try make it as short

Escalated this to customer services, and apparently its gone higher and the area service manager is involved etc
                      I feel your pain, I was nearly 2 months waiting for a throttle pedal for my GS. I ended up copying the CEO of Vauxhall into my emails. This got executive support involved, who may not have got the part any quicker but agreed to pay nearly £500 for the daily insurance on loan car. Also got a couple of services out of them too.
                      sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Oh I will be looking for some form of compo already told them I expect something
                        2018 GSi

Comment

Slight update if you can even call it that...…

Part in Germany 3rd August

Part in UK 5 days later

Take it back I don't want it...…
                          2018 GSi

Comment

Better than no news. Shouldn't be long now....Any word on compensation yet?

Comment

Another little update

[/url]

You can sort of see the 2 cracks either side of the connector not sure how good it will come out on the PC
                              2018 GSi

Comment

Yeah I see them....Where was quality control before it left the factory. I doubt anybody would have gone near that part to cause the damage after it left.

Comment

Working...
                                X