Adaptive Forward Lighting options not working on 2016 Elite model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adaptive Forward Lighting options not working on 2016 Elite model

On my 2016 Elite model I have options for the Adaptive Forward Lighting - Off, Corner and Bend Lighting and Intelligent Light Distribution but for some reason I can't select any of them even the Off option. I've tried this with lights off, sides, on or on Auto but nothing seems to work. My car was in the dealers recently for 3 weeks and I thought the options were working before but I could well be wrong, any advice here on if I'm doing something wrong ?

Regards, Rob.
    2016 Elite 2.0 Auto (170) with mind of it's own

The standard setting from production plant is “OFF” (AFL without function)! AFL setting (AFL3) has to be activated at PDI or upon customer complaint.

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      The standard setting from production plant is “OFF” (AFL without function)! AFL setting (AFL3) has to be activated at PDI or upon customer complaint.

https://gm.oemdtc.com/1665/afl-setti...xhall-insignia
      It works fine from factory just can't disable them individually?

Comment

Did you read the link???? From MY16 they came out the factory with the options turned off. They should have been turned on at the PDI inspection when new or with the complaint from a customer
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding, so on my 16 plate although the options are there I’m not able to select them without complaining to a main dealer and asking them to enable them ?

Comment

I can switch between the different lighting modes,but haven't tried them out,,is there any difference ? ,it's currently set to intelligent light distribution,and I find them amazing at night on dark unlit roads
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie601 View Post
              Sorry if I’m misunderstanding, so on my 16 plate although the options are there I’m not able to select them without complaining to a main dealer and asking them to enable them ?
              Hi Robbie, as I undestand it yes. They should have been switched to (AFL3) at PDI inspection when first delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                I can switch between the different lighting modes,but haven't tried them out,,is there any difference ? ,it's currently set to intelligent light distribution,and I find them amazing at night on dark unlit roads
                I concur Dave, and matched with the auto high beam assist I think they're brilliant

Comment

Did you read the link???? From MY16 they came out the factory with the options turned off. They should have been turned on at the PDI inspection when new or with the complaint from a customer
                  I have asked you nicely, please remember we not tolerate rudeness to any members.

Comment

As I understand it, they come out of the factory with the AFL options turned "OFF" by default, though the AFL still works. To get the options available the dealership have to turn the AFL settings in the menu to (AFL3).

Comment

As I understand it, they come out of the factory with the AFL options turned "OFF" by default, though the AFL still works. To get the options available the dealership have to turn the AFL settings in the menu to (AFL3).
                      Thank you for your answer.

Comment

On the preface you can't turn the afl features off, there are no options for them within the car menu like on the facelifts. But i wouldn't understand why you would turn them off anyway, unless the motor has gone and you turn it off to disable the service afl warning message, but will it though.

Comment

Just been to Vauxhall, they need the car in for a couple of days to download the car settings, have Vauxhall update them and reapply them to the car. Should be no charge but they’ve advise me to book it through the car supermarket just in case.

Comment

Ok, finally got my car back after 3 months in repair but so far all is good. Regarding the options I originally started the post with, it turns out they are functional, noticed last night in the dark, pressing each individual option causes the lights to behave differently. What made me doubt they were working though was if you select an option it doesn't show with a tick to confirm it's selected like other menu options do. Anyone else got this feature on theirs, does yours show with a tick ?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie601 View Post
                              Ok, finally got my car back after 3 months in repair but so far all is good. Regarding the options I originally started the post with, it turns out they are functional, noticed last night in the dark, pressing each individual option causes the lights to behave differently. What made me doubt they were working though was if you select an option it doesn't show with a tick to confirm it's selected like other menu options do. Anyone else got this feature on theirs, does yours show with a tick ?
                              No mine just selects it, im 99% sure without going to go look. You can see the light beam pattern change when you switch options.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                              X