Air Con Compressor valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con Compressor valve

Hello i wonder if someone could offer some advise please. My air con doesn't work, I can see the clutch engage on the compressor then disengages almost straight away, and keeps doing that. My mechanic told me he had an error not sure of the number but the description is "Air con compressor valve open circuit" what would cause this?
    Thank you

check all fuses and relays are ok

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
      check all fuses and relays are ok
      Thank you, I've checked fuses, but all seem to be ok, I guess study wiring diagram and check relays.

Comment

Could be low gas. How old is the car? Have you ever had it regassed?

Comment

Thank you Davell it’s a 2012 gas is full.

Comment

stuey_p22

Did you have any resolution on this? I have a similar issue on my car. The Air con has just stopped working, I believe it may have been since I had some engine work done but didn't notice it straight away so cant be sure. I have the fault code B393B- Air Conditioning Compressor Valve Control Circuit - Open.

Comment

When I first got my Insignia [Sep last year] the aircon was working----just recently it went off and found the aircon condenser was leaking----had it tested at my local tyrefitters and it wouldn't hold the vacuum--changed the condenser myself after having the system removed of any gas---not too bad a job--the air con condenser is at the front of the car and it gets hit with whatever comes off the road--plus they are made from butterfly wings and not very heavy in weight.i would get it checked out first and they should do it for free----please try someone who knows what they are doing---try and avoid the likes of halfrauds/kwik-*hite as they will take your eye's out----Dave

Comment

Ill pre face this with saying, im new to Vauxhalls, but know my way around cars.

This valve should be in the compressor itself, usually 2 pin, PWM controlled. Its there to adjust gas flow in the system, if this has failed, they system wont work. Id need to see the wiring diagrams to be sure. But a HVAC module will control the valve, and throw a DTC if the valve doesnt operate / respond as its commanded.
                General ECU sensor diag will operate on a given voltage range, lets talk 5v as most sensors are, so anything 0.5v to 4.5v is valid, anything above or below is flagged as short/open etc.

Id be looking at testing this sensor, and replacing / repairing wiring as necessary. Every system ive worked on, would flag a low pressure DTC if gas was low, so with just a PCV DTC, thats where id be looking first.

Comment

I know this is a old post but prm69 did you manage to sort the issue you had with the fault code B393B, I have same issue, a/c system is fully charged, compressor clutch is engaging but getting B393B-04 Fault in opcom so ac won't work

Comment

I had to get the compressor changed, lovely cool car since. Shop around though, I got it done for £600, way less than Vauxhall.

Comment

My aircon stopped working just as the temps soared. Mine is going in under warrenty but their are no parts (compressors) available in the uk (according to dealer) so awaiting a delivery from germany. I hope it solves the issue.

Are compressors a weak point on the Insignia?

Comment

The condensor ,receiver and the dryer are a known weak point on any air conditioning system
                        the dryer is in expensive but the moisture that it collects kills it .
                        But if moisture gets into the compressor then it rusts
                        the condensor rad as it lies in front of the normal radiator it picks up stones and punctures it .causing loss of refrigerant .

i remember many years ago when working for Volvo the then new 850 use to suffer from air con failure
                        there was a TSB , that if a complaint.
                        we had to replace, the condenser , ,the receiver , the dryer.
                        the receiver lives behind the dashboard, so it turned into a very expensive job , 14 hours labour, plus parts plus refrigerant .

1455-3567666 chilly Wiley !

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                          The condensor ,receiver and the dryer are a known weak point on any air conditioning system
                          the dryer is in expensive but the moisture that it collects kills it .
                          But if moisture gets into the compressor then it rusts
                          the condensor rad as it lies in front of the normal radiator it picks up stones and punctures it .causing loss of refrigerant .

i remember many years ago when working for Volvo the then new 850 use to suffer from air con failure
                          there was a TSB , that if a complaint.
                          we had to replace, the condenser , ,the receiver , the dryer.
                          the receiver lives behind the dashboard, so it turned into a very expensive job , 14 hours labour, plus parts plus refrigerant .

1455-3567666 chilly Wiley !
                          The 850 was a notorious airco eater, a lot of stories of leaking receivers. My S60 had a special mode that was activated when the car was shut down, to dry the evaporator using the interior fan to counter this problem. I don't known if such a mode is also used in other cars. First time I noticed the fan was blowing at full speed I was a bit surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by stuey_p22 View Post
                            I had to get the compressor changed, lovely cool car since. Shop around though, I got it done for £600, way less than Vauxhall.
                            I will be able to change it my self will just have to pay to get the system recharged, currently waiting to try and get it done under warranty as I tried to put it in about 6 month ago and refused due to covid regulations. then when I tried last week warranty has just ran out.

Comment

Just make sure you get the old system refrigerant evacuated in a safe and environmentally friendly way .
                              its a bit of pain that you have had that amount of trunks with the warranty
                              hopefully they see things correctly and honour the claim !

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X