Reset "Service Soon" Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grover View Post
    How did you get them to do the diagnostics for free, it's their excessive diagnostic charge that's making me look for cheaper options elsewhere.
    I didn't do anything. When I booked it in each time they warned about the £99 potential charge and each time when I collected the car they said "no charge".

By the way, my understanding is that OBDII is the interface, OPCOM is the Opel/Vauxhall diagnostic software that uses OBDII. Other car makes will have their own software to use the interface.

Comment

Thanks Lee. I am new to car ownership and this is a 2013 Insignia that I just bought. Does it makes sense for me to purchase a Vauxhall diagnostics tool (any advise will be helpful - OPCOM vs OBD2) or reluctantly take it to Vauxhall?
      Personally I got my OpCom from http://op-com.co.uk at £35 and it has read and cleared the codes on my MY15 Insignia just fine. Either way they are all clones of official software but I know with the OpCom that I purchased it'll at least let me scan all the modules my car has whereas generic readers won't.

Pretty much all OpComs will work on W10 but it just takes some faffing about to get the drivers installed. For ease use Windows 7 but it works just fine on my W10 laptop

Comment

Thanks, I'll look into them.

Comment

That price is pure rip off, take it to an independent garage.
          Its a 15 minute job. Two types of plug. Could be £35 or it could be £75 + labour.

Comment

Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
            Its a 15 minute job. Two types of plug. Could be £35 or it could be £75 + labour.
            I was certainly going to shop around. At the moment though I'm hoping that it'll be done under the warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
              Is the pressure sensor type plug necessary? or would work without the senor too?

Comment

Hope you do mate, but be warned. Electrical, Sensors, Serviceable items etc.
                They usually try to wriggle out of things like that.
                Stand firm with them, your motor should have been right when you got it
                ATB

Comment

Is the pressure sensor type plug necessary? or would work without the senor too?
                  yes ,or youll be stuck with the service vehicle soon
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                  X