X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia grand sport.

Voted best family car.

Family Car of the Year 2018: Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport

The Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport is the 2018 Auto Express Family Car of the Year, with the Skoda Superb and Toyota Prius commended

Shared from my Google feed
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

I've been raving about this car since I bought it last July. I know we all rave about our cars but this one has been a special car compared to all my other cars. The safety spec it comes with as standard doesn't get a mention anywhere. All reviews go on about comfort and leg room which of course is a must but the safety features alone are worth a consideration when you're looking for your next car.

I have never owned or driven a pre facelift but owned my facelift for just under 3 years. That car was quiet, smooth and comfortable. Looked great and turned heads but to get anywhere near the level of safety the current one has as standard, the facelift would need to have lots of optional extras ticked.

I know technology has moved on a long way since 2008 when the Insignia was launched so to compare the Grand Sport to its predecessor would be unfair but for drivers who like the VX brand and more specifically the Insignia. The latest Insignia is an excellent car.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I’m coming up for 5,000 miles since we got ours at the beginning of March and couldn’t be happier with it. Salesman looked at me strangely when I said I wanted the 1.5 petrol estate but I’m yet to come across any situation where I’ve lacked go or it’s struggled. Acres of room inside for two adults, a 9 month old and a labradoodle plus all the required stuff for a holiday when required.

I went from a pre facelift elite 160 diesel st to an sri st with winter pack and I’ve not missed anything spec wise really. In fact I’ve got pretty much anything I had previously bar powered boot lid and fancy headlights.

Comment

Its so funny isn't it how cars leave impressions on people. For example I love the look of all Insignias and the new one is even nicer now I have seen a couple on the road. Problem is though because of all the issues I had with my car I would never go anywhere near a Vauxhall again! It is a bit crazy because of how many people have had years of touble free motoring in them but nope, not for me anymore... It is a bit mad when you think of it how one car can you put off a brand!

Comment

Yeah but in your case I think you was treat pretty shabbily by VX and the dealer. I know they put most things right in the end but you had to fight for it.

So in your case I wouldn't touch another Vauxhall either.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Yeah that's a very fair point! Customer service goes a long way!!

Comment

I had exactly the same experience with a Ford Focus, costing me a lot of money for a few thousand miles of use, and I was glad to be rid of it (apologies to the VX dealer who took it in p/ex). Neither the manufacturer nor the dealer showed any interest in sorting out the problems, and the car was an underpowered, petrol-swallowing lemon. I will never touch Ford again, but am now on my third Insignia, and have had no problems with them. The new Grand Sport is superb to drive, roomy and comfortable and even better on fuel consumption than the other two.

Comment

And for 2019 https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxha...ia-grand-sport

Comment

The thing is every franchised dealer is bound by the manufacturer, and is loyal to the manufacturer, so even if the car is a complete clunker ( and it's been known many a time ) they will never admit it's a fault with the car and would rather say it's the driver that's at fault . To admit it's the car would be like saying " yep the car is rubbish and you are not the only one suffering with the same problems "
                  And that's when it puts people off ever buying another of that make .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                  X