Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 cdti

Hi,
    new to this so go easy on me! Ive just purchased a 2016 1.6 cdti which is euro 6 ,do i need to use adblue if so were do i add it?

If it has adblu then there is an extra filler cap next to the main diesel cap. Check your owners manual if it came with one. They're all in there.

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Originally posted by Twed View Post
      If it has adblu then there is an extra filler cap next to the main diesel cap. Check your owners manual if it came with one. They're all in there.
      no adblue filler so I assume the 1.6 cdti is even more efficient than the 2.0cdti

Comment

But the 2.0 cdti will , be able to pull the skin off a rice pudding
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          But the 2.0 cdti will , be able to pull the skin off a rice pudding
          Thanks for that !

Comment

Originally posted by Philvxd View Post
            Thanks for that !
            Jesting mate, welcome to the forum
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

no worries exclusiv thanks for the welcome

Comment

Thanks for that !
                Don't listen to them. Some members think they drive Lamborghinis

Us smaller engine drivers need to stick together!

(They're good guys on here....exclusiv is one of the best...just having a bit of friendly banter )
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

no adblue filler so I assume the 1.6 cdti is even more efficient than the 2.0cdti
                  Surprisingly, the 2.0CDTi gets better MPG figures (on paper) than the 1.6! When i bought my 2.0 the sales guy didn't know that and was quite surprised!

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                    Don't listen to them. Some members think they drive Lamborghinis

Us smaller engine drivers need to stick together!

(They're good guys on here....exclusiv is one of the best...just having a bit of friendly banter )

If you need a bigger engine you obviously have small feet!!

Comment

Surprisingly, the 2.0CDTi gets better MPG figures (on paper) than the 1.6! When i bought my 2.0 the sales guy didn't know that and was quite surprised!
                      I’ve always thought that about smaller engines in bigger cars surely if the car has to work harder to move the car like the 1.6 will compared to the 2.0 that just negates any mpg gains overall and puts them higher than a larger engine, just my thoughts on it

Comment

Exactly that mate, I took a 1.6 VXline out on a test drive and a went round a slow corner in 3rd which i knew my 1.9 A4 avant could take in 3rd and it just wouldn't pick up so I went for the slightly lesser spec'd 2.0 SRI. I just like the lower end grunt the 2.0 has but i've seen some 1.6's on the FB pages that have consistently high mgp figures!

There's no replacement for displacement!

Comment

Exactly that mate, I took a 1.6 VXline out on a test drive and a went round a slow corner in 3rd which i knew my 1.9 A4 avant could take in 3rd and it just wouldn't pick up so I went for the slightly lesser spec'd 2.0 SRI. I just like the lower end grunt the 2.0 has but i've seen some 1.6's on the FB pages that have consistently high mgp figures!

There's no replacement for displacement!
                          My last car was an Astra 1.7 110bhp and even in a smaller body it struggled low down, there’s a corner leaving my village where I would have to drop to second to get round it, whereas the wife’s old 1.4 corda went round in third, no issues with there 2.0 siggy though pulls from anywhere ( I love it )

Comment

Originally posted by 1989arnie View Post
                            My last car was an Astra 1.7 110bhp and even in a smaller body it struggled low down, there’s a corner leaving my village where I would have to drop to second to get round it, whereas the wife’s old 1.4 corda went round in third, no issues with there 2.0 siggy though pulls from anywhere ( I love it )

Its called progress all manufactures are using smaller engines take a look at ford 3 pot 1 Litre in the focus

Comment

Its called progress all manufactures are using smaller engines take a look at ford 3 pot 1 Litre in the focus
                              Yeah apparently has the same power as a 1.5, there’s a 1 litre in the Astra now aswell

Comment

Working...
                              X