Intellilink Touchpad mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intellilink Touchpad mod

Would anyone know if I went and bought a secondhand Touchpad (finger thing near handbrake switch) if it would plug in and work without programming and on the likelihood of the wiring being there ?
    2016 Elite 2.0 Auto (170) with mind of it's own

I'm in process of doing it,,no,the wiring won't be there,and HMI will need configuring by vx

Not wired in......Yet !
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I wish I could retrofit the pre face wheel and controller if only it would control the intellilink. I don't get on with the wee pad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
        I wish I could retrofit the pre face wheel and controller if only it would control the intellilink. I don't get on with the wee pad at all.
        That's why I'm fitting this,,I miss the pre facelift jog wheel,,and it's hard work reaching the screen
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

That's the only thing I dislike about the facelift is I miss buttons. Find trying to do all the wee touchscreen things distracting and voice control with a Scottish accent does not go well. Maybe my age

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
            That's the only thing I dislike about the facelift is I miss buttons. Find trying to do all the wee touchscreen things distracting and voice control with a Scottish accent does not go well. Maybe my age
            Geordie accent doesn't work well either

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              My pre facelift seems to be alright with my Geordie accent but I only really use it for making phone calls

Comment

Is it just me but I find the touch bad hit and miss.

I generally resort to using the steering wheel controls.

I once read a a review which went along the lines of.

Vauxhall have gathered all the information of Audi, BMW and Merc and combined the worse of them to make this touch pad..

Comment

I have an Insignia OPC of 2016 without touchpad, but I have intellilink 2.5 with projection

Can I just buy a touchpad and install and it works?

Comment

nope, you'll be missing the wiring for it from the dash loom and centre console loom, also the hmi wont know what to do with it and cannot be enabled without custom firmware as was never officially supported by Vauxhall after hmi 2.0
                    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

ok thnx, I thought maybe I am lucky and the wiring is there

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                        What about your native "Mackem" accent???

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                          Thats the same as Klingon isn’t it?

Oh no sorry Klingon is easier to understand

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                            That cuts like a knife Rab

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                              Thats the same as Klingon isn’t it?

Oh no sorry Klingon is easier to understand
                              Coming from a Worzel Gummidge sound a like

Comment

Working...
                              X