Advice on tune box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on tune box

I’m looking for a tune box to fit my 2014 2.0 CDTI ecoflex 120, as the ecu has to be remapped internally can’t be done through the obd I’m told, so gonna go for the box route. Any links for boxes or info appreciated cheers [emoji4]

Best off googling it bud

Comment

My advice would be next time buy what you really want rather than spend extra money and put extra strain on components that might not cope so well.
      Instead of buying 120hp, buy a 160-170hp model or even a 195hp Bi-Turbo or the new 210hp Bi-Turbo.

Recently someone I know bought a several-year-old BMW 3-litre diesel that had done about 100k, tuned it up using an off-the-shelf map, and shortly after it broke the fuel pump, injectors, turbo, and caused various other consequential damage which left him with a repair bill well into four figures.

Comment

I tried a top end £400 tuning box on my 2012 ecoflex 160 and it just put a dash light on and went into limp mode.
        I got a refund from blue spark.
        I ended up with a map, and now its nippy enough,but no sports car !
        . My 160 was super slow to start with, I cant imagine what a 120 would be like.
        I'd be part exchanging my car mate.

Comment

It’s not slow by a long shot it’s just holding back you can feel it’s restricted as Vauxhall did to them to get them into the zero tax bracket but then encrypted the ecu so can’t be remapped. They have to be sent away and have a little guy in his dads cellar putting electrodes onto little soulders in the ecu, that means butchering the car and waiting for return of ecu.. no thank you haha. I got this for the simple fact it’s great on diesel and zero tax, if there’s summat I can plug in and give it more beans I’d be happy to buy it ha

Comment

Bud i had my 2.0 Audi A6 S Line Le Mans Sport remapped from 180 up to 220 and my ECU had to be sent away as it needs to be hooked up to serious hardware to do the remap and there is no soldering of any kind involved .

Comment

Mine had two resisters I think they were called, to protect against something? soldered to it then mapped while I waited. Took a little over 2 hours.
              ECU removed, heat gun to soften sealant, then opened up. Not really butchered. Super common on modern cars to have to remove the ecu.
              I actually drove my mates 140 bhp Insignia, that was as flat as a fart. When it was remapped it was much better. These are very heavy cars compared to the Vectra.
              Bear in mind the lower bhp models have the gearbox which is made of Cheese.
              Be careful !

Comment

I may look into it then, and mines got the F40 mate was the first thing I looked for ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
                  I may look into it then, and mines got the F40 mate was the first thing I looked for ha ha

F40 on the 120hp version? Are you sure?
                  Technical data says the F40 was only fitted to 140hp+ versions.

As I understand it, the A20DTE with 120hp (which I suspect you have) was given M32 while the A20DTE with 140hp was given F40. Basically Vauxhall only fit the minimum-strength gearbox required for the engine's output because it keeps production costs down.

But occasionally Vauxhall have been known to fit something different to what was expected. There's also a lot of variation with Vauxhall so it's possible for it to be misunderstood. Technical info can even vary from one year to the next.

Comment

According to my vin number mate but as you see it says reduced performance etc.. and fuel economy pack so the engine it’s self is a lot more capable I’m guessing

Comment

Advice on tune box

Avon tuning claim to say they can push it to 190? Quite a rather large jump for a remap isn’t it [emoji848]

Comment

I've being looking into this myself. I came from a remapped Passat b6. Which came in at around 185 bhp.

My 2014 insignia is a 140bhp and does feel rather limited when putting the right foot down so to speak.

I've being looking into remaps around my area and there's a guy in my area who can remap my car. I put in each of the bhp models ie yours and mine and they generally they max out at 190 bhp.

I always thought they were the same engine just different maps?

Comment

Yeah that’s what I thought mate, different tuning set up, bloody pain that can’t get them laptop remapped for £60. Vauxhall’s encrypted the ecu so can’t be done cheap [emoji849]

Comment

Keep in mind that some remaps can be wiped by main dealers when in for service software etc, I seem to remember reading it a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinka View Post
                              Keep in mind that some remaps can be wiped by main dealers when in for service software etc, I seem to remember reading it a while ago.
                              Correct!
                              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
                              X