Help with door cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with door cards

I have just bought a full Sri leather interior including door cards for my 2016 Insignia (2.0d Sri Vx-line). I have now fitted the seats into my Sri and they look great.

I want to fit the doorcards, but they aren't in as good condition as mine (plastic and metal scuffs). Does anyone know how easy it would be to just take the leather part of the door card and donor them onto my doorcards? The whole door card panel to me looks like they have used some kind of rivets? nothing is screwed. Only the "trim" seems to be removable, ie mine are piano black colour.

Also, from what I can see my doorcards have the standard cloth that would be across I'd imagine the complete Insignia range. They don't look any different, and therefore when I come to sell my Sri cloth interior how essential is it to sell it with door cards? ie will people be interested in buying just the seats?

Thanks for any help!

Sold my cloth Sri seats with no doorcsrds no probs
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      Sold my cloth Sri seats with no doorcsrds no probs
      Great, thanks mate, what sort of price do you think is fair if wanting to sell quickly?

Comment

Probs 100/150 if you want a quick sale
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

The door cards are plastic rivets which are also part of the plastic parts of the panel.

I stripped the front off mine and fitted the leather inserts ( I bought a preface leather interior and my car is a facelift ) into mine.
          the rear 2 were straight swaps as theyre unchanged, but the fronts are different because of the mirror switch etc.

the stripping the section is time consuming as you have to be able to remove the plastic rivets, remove the panel, then replace the panel with whatever your putting in and then fixing them into place again.

I kept as much of the "rivets" as I could and then used a hot glue gun to secure them.

not had any issues with them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            Probs 100/150 if you want a quick sale
            Great, thanks :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              The door cards are plastic rivets which are also part of the plastic parts of the panel.

I stripped the front off mine and fitted the leather inserts ( I bought a preface leather interior and my car is a facelift ) into mine.
              the rear 2 were straight swaps as theyre unchanged, but the fronts are different because of the mirror switch etc.

the stripping the section is time consuming as you have to be able to remove the plastic rivets, remove the panel, then replace the panel with whatever your putting in and then fixing them into place again.

I kept as much of the "rivets" as I could and then used a hot glue gun to secure them.

not had any issues with them at all.
              Very helpful, thanks! What's the best way to remove the plastic rivets, a set of pliers? I can imagine it's a little time consuming!

Comment

I used small snips/wire cutters to take the tops off.....the melted bits.
                It's fiddly around the handle area where the door switches are situated but as long as your prepared to take some time doing it, it's well worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  I used small snips/wire cutters to take the tops off.....the melted bits.
                  It's fiddly around the handle area where the door switches are situated but as long as your prepared to take some time doing it, it's well worth the effort.
                  Some success today, and then a failure :-)

Door cards off door - easy
                  Removing leather trim from donor door card - easy
                  Gluing leather trim to original door card - failure. It went ok, correct position, held well etc, but top of handle where chrome fits on top of sits too proud, should have used some glue for the plastic that flaps about now these rivet type things are no longer. Fit and finish nothing like factory, bit frustrating, will visit an car upholstery place tomorrow, see if they think they can do a better job than my abilities :-(

Comment

Originally posted by agblee1970 View Post
                    Some success today, and then a failure :-)

Door cards off door - easy
                    Removing leather trim from donor door card - easy
                    Gluing leather trim to original door card - failure. It went ok, correct position, held well etc, but top of handle where chrome fits on top of sits too proud, should have used some glue for the plastic that flaps about now these rivet type things are no longer. Fit and finish nothing like factory, bit frustrating, will visit an car upholstery place tomorrow, see if they think they can do a better job than my abilities :-(
                    Strip it off and redo it buddy....it'll save you a fortune

Comment

Working...
                    X