Focus ST Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
    Am I allowed another thread on top of the van thread? I am more than happy for the van one to be deleted! Please delete both if needs be

A few photos that I have taken of the ST since I have had it!

That is pretty much all the photos I have of the car at the moment. I know I said in my old van thread that I had no plans for this one except the dashcam! Well I got the itch and the car now also has pressed plates and wind deflectors

The car goes like stink, proven on Castle Combe circuit on Saturday just gone.. I went to the summer action festival as a friend needed an additional car on his booth, where I took the car out for a few laps and for a diesel it seriously surprised me! The most amazing bit though is how it sticks to the road in the corners I love it!

Local to me there is a tuning company called Indigo GT and they were also at this show and I got talking to them.. Low and behold the car is now booked in for a remap! So much for not doing much ey? It is going to be tuned on the dyno rather than just a generic map which I am happy about. Expected figures from a map along with the air intake I am fitting are from 185bhp and 400nm of torque to 230bhp and 490nm torque (cannot wait to try that torque). The engine can produce and has been tested at 550nm of torque with a free flowing exhaust but the gearbox is only rated to 510nm so I asked for it to be capped at 490nm.

Excited is a bit of an understatement. Even with the power disadvantage the diesel ST is not a million miles behind the Petrol ST. Hopefully the remap will close the gap a little more

Very excited and I will get some pics of it on the dyno when it gets done!

I understand this is an Insignia forum so if the thread needs to be deleted then I am happy for it to go! Out of all the forums I have ever been on this is by far the friendliest and best!

Cheers all!

Tom
    V Nice. As you are, you're pumping out close to the same figures as a Insignia Biturbo, but the advantage you're feeling is almost half a ton less weight. 1400kg Vs 1850kg. That amounts to a lot in a bend or even on the straight. Cracking car. Cant beat a Focus for handling. Enjoy.
    Right out with the back seats, passenger seat, carpets, sound proofing, ........

Comment

Thanks mate yeah the weight makes a huge difference! I got some pics of the inside last night too. I will upload those in a bit
      Full on track toy! Haha imagine that!
      Last edited by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY; 16-07-2018, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
        Any interior pics?
        Got some interior pics! Lighting was awful but hey oh! It does need a good clean. Been on a roadtrip this weekend so its a bit dirty and bit dusty.

The seats are so comfy and one of my favourite things is the ST sills light up red in the dark

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
          V Nice. As you are, you're pumping out close to the same figures as a Insignia Biturbo, but the advantage you're feeling is almost half a ton less weight. 1400kg Vs 1850kg. That amounts to a lot in a bend or even on the straight. Cracking car. Cant beat a Focus for handling. Enjoy.
          Right out with the back seats, passenger seat, carpets, sound proofing, ........
          They're both different types of cars you can't really compared them.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
            They're both different types of cars you can't really compared them.
            Agree... Having owned an Insignia, granted not the BiTurbo they are very different cars. The Focus I feel as a bit urgency about it where my Insignia at least felt a bit lazy.. The engine on the Focus levs to rev hard, even for a diesel!

I forgot about these pics that my mrs took on our road trip!!

Last edited by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY; 16-07-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Seats look well nice
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                Seats look well nice
                Cheers mate

They are super comfy for long drives but also hold you in place really well when giving it the beans haha!

How is the BiTurbo treating you mate?

Comment

Cheers mate

They are super comfy for long drives but also hold you in place really well when giving it the beans haha!

How is the BiTurbo treating you mate?
                  Touch wood,it's running like a dream up to now
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Looks very nice. The best and most comfy seat i sat on. Not been in one better.

Comment

It is nice but I still prefer the Insignia. I think it's more an age thing. You will look the part in it at your age but I'll just look like a pot bellied pig trying to recapture my youth.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                        It is nice but I still prefer the Insignia. I think it's more an age thing. You will look the part in it at your age but I'll just look like a pot bellied pig trying to recapture my youth.
                        I seen older people drive GTi and Type Rs , but yeah totally agree with you Mark, why wouldn't you want luxury when you are above 45

Comment

Marko that comment made me giggle! Its like as if I have done it the wrong way around having the Insignia first

Cheers for all the comments guys! I love the car haha. I just need to get a roof rack for the bikes now. The ones I am looking at though is like £400 all in for everything! Seems far to expensive tbh..

Comment

Marko that comment made me giggle! Its like as if I have done it the wrong way around having the Insignia first

Cheers for all the comments guys! I love the car haha. I just need to get a roof rack for the bikes now. The ones I am looking at though is like £400 all in for everything! Seems far to expensive tbh..
                            You have done it wrong way round. I thought that when you had the siggy.
                            Thought it's common young drivers start with a Corsa size with 1.2 engine, pimp it up with a massive loud exhaust then upgrade to astra size with bit of speed then siggy for family comfort and so on .
                            I started off with a polo/saxo then Ibiza all slow cars then jumped up to vectra diesel that goes. Missed the astra size as I don't think size wise the Ibiza to astra is not big step up.

Comment

I had the Insignia because it was cheaper than most other things to insure but alot nicer car than anything else hahaha

Comment

Cheaper. You got money dude.
                                Others buy old bangers for their first car.

Comment

Working...
                                X