Focus ST Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focus ST Thread

Am I allowed another thread on top of the van thread? I am more than happy for the van one to be deleted! Please delete both if needs be

A few photos that I have taken of the ST since I have had it!

That is pretty much all the photos I have of the car at the moment. I know I said in my old van thread that I had no plans for this one except the dashcam! Well I got the itch and the car now also has pressed plates and wind deflectors

The car goes like stink, proven on Castle Combe circuit on Saturday just gone.. I went to the summer action festival as a friend needed an additional car on his booth, where I took the car out for a few laps and for a diesel it seriously surprised me! The most amazing bit though is how it sticks to the road in the corners I love it!

Local to me there is a tuning company called Indigo GT and they were also at this show and I got talking to them.. Low and behold the car is now booked in for a remap! So much for not doing much ey? It is going to be tuned on the dyno rather than just a generic map which I am happy about. Expected figures from a map along with the air intake I am fitting are from 185bhp and 400nm of torque to 230bhp and 490nm torque (cannot wait to try that torque). The engine can produce and has been tested at 550nm of torque with a free flowing exhaust but the gearbox is only rated to 510nm so I asked for it to be capped at 490nm.

Excited is a bit of an understatement. Even with the power disadvantage the diesel ST is not a million miles behind the Petrol ST. Hopefully the remap will close the gap a little more

Very excited and I will get some pics of it on the dyno when it gets done!

I understand this is an Insignia forum so if the thread needs to be deleted then I am happy for it to go! Out of all the forums I have ever been on this is by far the friendliest and best!

Cheers all!

Tom

The only thing that needed deleting (and I have done so) Is (Remove if not allowed) from the title. Remember once a member, always a member. Not once a member, always a member but you can't post pics. As long as you post in the correct section, post away!

Now on to the car...What a beast! Some lovely shots there...Shame you can't enter POTM. I wonder if you could get away with calling it a very heavily modded Insignia.

You've got some serious power under your right foot and soon to be more. You go careful...We don't want your next shots to be of it in a ditch.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      The only thing that needed deleting (and I have done so) Is (Remove if not allowed) from the title. Remember once a member, always a member. Not once a member, always a member but you can't post pics. As long as you post in the correct section, post away!

Now on to the car...What a beast! Some lovely shots there...Shame you can't enter POTM. I wonder if you could get away with calling it a very heavily modded Insignia.

You've got some serious power under your right foot and soon to be more. You go careful...We don't want your next shots to be of it in a ditch.
      Thanks Marko really appreciate it! I cant imagine me posting loads as all mods on this car seem to be mega bucks

Hahaha POTM is such a good idea! Never seen any other forum do it!

Yeah its a really surprising car to be honest.. The power figure is not massive when you compare it to the Insignia BiTurbo Diesel or some Audi and BMWs but the way it uses the power it gets the car really shifting! I cannot wait for the remap haha! Hopefully no ditch shots! figures crossed

Comment

Just got the date. 23rd July the car is booked in for its remap

Comment

Looks good mate!! I was looking at an ST line focus before i bought the siggy.

I bet it'll rip the arse out of a petrol ST once mapped!!

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Originally posted by Twed View Post
            Looks good mate!! I was looking at an ST line focus before i bought the siggy.

I bet it'll rip the arse out of a petrol ST once mapped!!
            Cheers mate! The ST Line is a nice car mind! To be honest I have always been a Ford fan boy but tried two Vauxhalls haha!

Well putting the standard cars next to each other the diesel already has alot more torque just down on bhp. Mapping this one gives it a bigger gap in the torque figures but still does not quite match the bhp... Looking at the figures though the petrol is obviously alot quicker from 0-60 but the diesel is quicker in gear which I feel you would probably use more.. I dunno we'll see once she is mapped

Comment

Still waiting for the pics .

The petrol is only fast when driven fast and have to maintain that speed whilst watching the fuel gauge go down.
              Whereas the diesel has a lot more pulling power and will feel alot quicker than the petrol version and give you a lot more confidence in overtaking, while still driven fast can achieve good mpg. And for motorways it be a pleasant drive achieving 50+mpg.
              Diesel anyday

Comment

What pics mate?

Yeah exactly the way I look at it too mate tbh

Comment

A very nice ST,love the colour
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                    A very nice ST,love the colour
                    Thanks mate!

I done another little MOD last night that I seen whilst at Castle Combe on the weekend... Its a subtle difference but I think it really helps with the look of the car!

I changed the orange indicator bulbs to clears that still flash orange.

Now I need to decide whether to do it on the front or not...

Comment

Any interior pics?

Comment

I will get some tomorrow buddy �� drop a comment on here if there is none by like 9pm to remind me haha

Comment

Cracking car mate

Comment

Cheers bud

Comment

Cracking car mate love the look of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X