No announcement yet.

Focus ST Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it wasn't my first car it was my third haha!

I had a mk1 Focus first then a Astra J then the Siggy.

When I say cheaper I mean cheaper to insure.. For example my old Siggy was £800 to insure when as something like a Golf or a Leon was over £1000

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
      it wasn't my first car it was my third haha!

I had a mk1 Focus first then a Astra J then the Siggy.

When I say cheaper I mean cheaper to insure.. For example my old Siggy was £800 to insure when as something like a Golf or a Leon was over £1000
      oh right thought it was your first car.

Comment

Nooo my third

I am 23 and I am on my 6th car

1 - Mk1 Focus that someone decided to side swipe me in and write it off
        2 - Mk2 Focus 1.6 diesel that was constantly broke. Uses a Peugeot engine and it was awful. I had 4 alternators in the space of the 18 months I owed it haha
        3 - Astra J 1.6 Petrol SRI. Nice car to be honest. Its still in the family my brother has it now. I always felt it was very under powered though so cannot imagine what the 1.4 petrol is like
        4 - Insignia SRI Vx Line. Lovely car until it kept going wrong as we all know about
        5 - Caddy Va. Shame to get rid of that but needed to due to circumstance etc
        6 - The ST on this thread

Comment

I added my remap to my insurance last night.... extra £8.22 a year

Comment

Change of plan! Map is being done today now instead of the 23rd

Comment

Drive it sensibly pal, the extra torque will put more strain on the dmf shortening life span.

Comment

Yeah I will mate If I ever have any problems I will end up dropping this is I imagine.. Rated for 700nm of torque! haha http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-F...heel_17621.jsp

Luckily the standard DMF is rated to around 550nm. I will be well under that! I will have them cap in at the late 400nm mark

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                  Drive it sensibly pal, the extra torque will put more strain on the dmf shortening life span.
                  You just got me thinking so I done some quick research (pumaspeed are so clued up on the diesel st) the Focus actually wont allow full torque until the clutch is fully engaged and the DMF has settled. That explains why it is a little slower 0-60 than a Golf GTD or LEon FR I suppose...

Comment

So I had the car done yesterday... I had a phonecall from the place it was being done and someone cancelled on them so they said i could have the spot!

The car is now even more of an animal! It pulls so hard all the way to the red line now like a petrol would and really pins you in the seat. Standard run the car was producing 190bhp (should be 185 ) and 400nm of torque. After some tweaking and calibrations it now runs 228bhp and 490nm of torque! The power increase is great but honestly the way it feels to drive is the best bit now. There is no spikey power like there usually is in a diesel, instead there is a nice smooth power curve. Also I took it for a test drive with a guy who mapped it so he could do some live road data logging. He asked me to go into third gear and from 1500rpm feed the power on to the red line so he could see how it was boosting, no joke the front wheels had a little spin! In the dry!

I love it. I got two photos of it on the rolling road but didnt take a photo of the dyno print out. I will take a photo when I get home tonight

Comment

Oh I should have also added as the car has three different drive modes, Eco, Sport and Sport+ the map reactes to each one differently. For example if you put your foot down in eco you feel it but if you put your foot down in Sport + then you really feel it
                      Last edited by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY; 20-07-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I hope you're gonna drive it like a granny.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Of course... Honest...

Comment

Went for a drive with some friends Saturday evening.. Shame about the weather but was still an awesome evening! Staying well below the speed limits...

Comment

Nice pics. I wish there were more places like that around here. The few we have are always packed with people.
                              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                                Nice pics. I wish there were more places like that around here. The few we have are always packed with people.
                                Cheers Marko!

To be honest we are quite lucky as we live about 10 minutes away from the Brecon Beacons and there are so many un used quite roads up that way. About half an hour further then you are in the heart of Wales where its just mountains and sheep with some brilliant driving roads!

Comment

Working...
                                X