Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird noise on unlocking / closing door / boot

Hi all

Since Purchasing the car I've always had this weird rattle which happens when unlocking the car / closing the boot. It doesn't do it all the time and appear to be coming from below the rear fuse box at the back on the right hand side.

Any ideas? Video below.

Strange, have you had someone in the boot listening? It does sound like a plastic bit catching. Try removing bits one at a time, boot lid carpet, light cluster, boot rubber seal etc. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
      Strange, have you had someone in the boot listening? It does sound like a plastic bit catching. Try removing bits one at a time, boot lid carpet, light cluster, boot rubber seal etc. Good luck.
      I'm going to give it ago this afternoon. Wish me luck

Comment

Got my head underneath the car and found it to be this. Any idea what it is?

Turns out to be the electric parking break. That's what the part number relates too

Comment

Glad you found the source mate, I have no idea on those new fangled electronic parking brakes. Hope you get it sorted. There are a few Siggies being broken on here, may be an idea to try a "new" motor/servo or whatever it is.

Comment

Glad you found the source mate, I have no idea on those new fangled electronic parking brakes. Hope you get it sorted. There are a few Siggies being broken on here, may be an idea to try a "new" motor/servo or whatever it is.
            Luckily it's under a extended warranty and going in on the 16th. There are few electrical gremlins going on with my car at the moment. Getting it all repaired before the warranty runs out ha.

Comment

Nice one,keep us updated,interesting.
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

This post is 5 years old but is anyone still active? Did you find out what you had to replace as I have the same noise and it’s driving me crazy! I also found the same control module as you, did you get a fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy22 View Post
                  This post is 5 years old but is anyone still active? Did you find out what you had to replace as I have the same noise and it’s driving me crazy! I also found the same control module as you, did you get a fix?
                  They are all still active members on here.

Comment

Working...
                  X