Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow Plug

Hey Guys.
    Got a service now message, quick code check said Glow plug.

just 1 of the 4.

I have a 2014 SE ECOFLEX S/S 5DR CDTI 140BHP

Mechanic had a quick look before i leave it in next week, thinks its the "expensive" glow plugs.

Do all 4 have pressure sensors?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Conor.

I’m pretty sure only two have pressure sensors mate but don’t hold me to that

Comment

As far as I know there is no rhyme nor reason to whether you have 1, 2, 3, or 4. The technical blurb for the biturbo says they have 4 which mine does, but I think @exclusive confirmed his old biturbo had 1 or 2. You can tell by looking at the top of the plug, the pressure sensor ones have a larger diameter top. 3 is normal 4 is with pressure sensor.
      https://images.ilcats.ru/getImage.ph...5441389132f1f1

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
        As far as I know there is no rhyme nor reason to whether you have 1, 2, 3, or 4. The technical blurb for the biturbo says they have 4 which mine does, but I think @exclusive confirmed his old biturbo had 1 or 2. You can tell by looking at the top of the plug, the pressure sensor ones have a larger diameter top. 3 is normal 4 is with pressure sensor.
        https://images.ilcats.ru/getImage.ph...5441389132f1f1
        Couldn't ask for a better answer!

Comment

i have a 61 plate 160 diesel, mine has 4 pressure sensor glow plugs, as mentioned above seems pretty random that some have different number of sensored plugs
          depending on which one is faulty, swap like for like

Comment

Anyone got a part number? Thanks

Comment

The pressure sensor one I took off had GM55579436 manufactured by BERU with number 0103010904.
              Replacement part has GM number 55590467 and Beru number 0103010906. Superseded part numbers?
              When I was looking for one the GM part was €30 dearer and in stock, Beru one out of stock at any motor factors I tried and would have to wait a few days for one, it was last December so I sucked it up and bought GM to fit the same day it went.
              Pictures I took of new and old here:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/157128...posted-public/

Comment

Thanks Buttons.

Im in Ireland too. Leaving it in monday to my local mechanic. Guess to expect 100e for the glow plug then plus fitting.

Thanks!

Comment

Its a 10 minute job if you'd like to try it yourself. 12mm spanner will work but a long reach 12mm socket will make it a lot easier. (I think it was 12 anyway) The electrical plug pops off the top and its just out with the old and in with the new. Dont over tighten as they are fragile, be carefull not to drop it either as if it lands nose first it could break it. 10Nm torque which is very low.

Comment

How would i know which of the four is the faulty one?

Comment

check the resistance on all 4 using a multimeter, cant remember what is should be, but if one's reading out then you know which one is faulty
                      as mentioned above it an easy diy job, dont be scared about the horror stories of the glow end breaking off and falling in the engine, these days the glow plugs are pretty solid, once i removed the old one i tried snapping it just to see how easy it would be to break, it wouldn't break easily

Comment

I think if its way above 1.5-2.0 ohms its faulty?
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Previous thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X