Projection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projection

I have an Elite Nav 2016, how do I get android auto onto my projection, it is only displaying the apple version [emoji21][emoji21], any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Neil,

Assuming your Navi 900 is capable of displaying Android Auto and Apple Car Play, you should have an option in settings to turn them on. On the phone side, You will need to install Android Auto onto the phone from Play Store. Once installed and set up you have to plug your phone into the car via USB. That should start Android auto automatically. If not, the Projection tab should change into the Andriod Auto image. just tap that to activate it.

Not all phones will work. I had a Samsung Galaxy S4 that wouldn't connect no matter what I tried even though it connected via bluetooth for all other phone access. My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 works fine though. Newer phones should be ok too.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I think there was an update to enable AA if you only had apple car play.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
        I think there was an update to enable AA if you only had apple car play.
        Interestingly, Vauxhall was not able to update my infotainment to have a projection button on my 2015 elite siggy. It seems, that they are not very bright in terms of infotainment systems. If only automakers were using hardware and software developed by 3rd companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimuha1989 View Post
          Interestingly, Vauxhall was not able to update my infotainment to have a projection button on my 2015 elite siggy. It seems, that they are not very bright in terms of infotainment systems. If only automakers were using hardware and software developed by 3rd companies.
          Probably because your hmi is 2.0 and doesn't support it

Comment

Lewis, does the 2.5 support it?
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              Lewis, does the 2.5 support it?
              Yes it does. That's what I have

Comment

I'v only just a week ago found that I could use this feature but as yet I am struggling to see any benefit, If I want to get from A to B I use built in sat nav system, if i want to use Phone it works via Bluetooth, text comes into car via bluetooth, I can play music stored on phone via bluetooth, Please help as to what else I can or would need to do to justify this function!

Comment

I didn’t bother paying for a sat nav knowing I could use Apple maps via CarPlay. I prefer the interface for phone, music etc via CarPlay plus I also get access to other stuff such as messages read out to me then I can dictate replies, podcast app and I have both locally stored music or streamed music via amazon music currently that I can access easily.

With the sat nav/Apple maps it will pick up if my calendar has an entry with location stored and automatically set up directions, I can get directions via Siri if required plus access to locations a few other ways as well as being upto date all the time with traffic info rather than needing to be updated every year.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                    I'v only just a week ago found that I could use this feature but as yet I am struggling to see any benefit, If I want to get from A to B I use built in sat nav system, if i want to use Phone it works via Bluetooth, text comes into car via bluetooth, I can play music stored on phone via bluetooth, Please help as to what else I can or would need to do to justify this function!
                    live traffic is better, better hands-free control. Wether siri or Google. You can command 95% with-out even touching anything.

Text/fb/ WhatsApp all come through Andriod auto too.

I think it's a cool feature

Comment

Working...
                    X