Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to a bigger wheel

Ok guys he's my dilemma ....
    My tourer has been lowered by 40mm it's currently sat on 18" wheels , I'm looking at upgrading my wheels but am undecided on how large to go ?
    Any suggestions or problems that have been encountered

Must be too old I do not get why you would lower a car surely lots of R&D have gone on by the manufacturer to optimise the cars comfort and handling , then you go and spoil it and make it susceptible to under body damage from speed humps and the like!!thead

Comment

Might be worth looking at the sizes involved, and putting them into a diameter comparison calculator type website:

Tire size comparison the easy way. Use our tire size comparison calculator to compare diameter, width, sidewall, circumference and revolutions per mile.

Bigger alloys will undoubtedly help fill the arches better (or at least it will look that way), but if you go for lower profile tyres, you might be surprised at how little difference there can actually be in the overall wheel/tyre diameter.

Comment

You'd be surprised how little difference it's made to ground clearance, when the main dealer had upgraded the alloys on it as it was a demo , even with lowering it I still have no issues really obviously it's a much firmer ride

Comment

I’m lowered 40 mm and have 20’s.

Quite a few people have 20’s and have dropped it 40mm and no issues.

If you want to go lower than that like some people then you start getting issues with speed bumps etc.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Philvxd View Post
            Must be too old I do not get why you would lower a car surely lots of R&D have gone on by the manufacturer to optimise the cars comfort and handling
            Same could be said for adding or modifying anything on the car bud

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              Same could be said for adding or modifying anything on the car bud
              True mate you pays your money you make the choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Philvxd View Post
                True mate you pays your money you make the choice.
                that's what makes us unique

Comment

Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
                  I’m lowered 40 mm and have 20’s.

Quite a few people have 20’s and have dropped it 40mm and no issues.

If you want to go lower than that like some people then you start getting issues with speed bumps etc.

Hi what width wheel do you have. Im looking at 19x9.5j and am unsure of whether they'll fit what et are they?
                  Thanks

Comment

I've seen a few 20" which I like the look of.
                    Just trying to decide on style & colour now

Comment

Working...
                    X