Soaking footwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soaking footwell

Hi, my 2012 Insignia 2.0cdti has started to get a wet rear footwell on the driverside. I say footwell but it is at the back of the footwell on the floor near to where the rear seat is. There are no signs of a leak from the door etc nor is there wet on the top of the rear mat.
    This has been now present for at least 6 weeks and as the weather has been dry I am concerned that a pipe must be leaking or something.
    Has anyone had this issue with their Insignia?
    There are no other wet areas on the car.

Thanks

Nigrob

Originally posted by nigrob View Post
    Hi, my 2012 Insignia 2.0cdti has started to get a wet rear footwell on the driverside. I say footwell but it is at the back of the footwell on the floor near to where the rear seat is. There are no signs of a leak from the door etc nor is there wet on the top of the rear mat.
    This has been now present for at least 6 weeks and as the weather has been dry I am concerned that a pipe must be leaking or something.
    Has anyone had this issue with their Insignia?
    There are no other wet areas on the car.

Thanks

Nigrob
    A common issue is the bungs at the bottom of the door have these been removed as most members seem to do and are the drain holes clear

Comment

Hi, all of the bungs are in place and intact and drains clear.
      Thanks for the reply though.

Comment

Either its a spillage (bloody kids, who'd have them) or chassis blanking plug, but I've not heard of these causing problems. There's a couple in that area. Have a look here:
        https://www.ilcats.ru/opel/?function...15&language=en

Comment

There has been reports of the rear wash leaking and making its way down but not sure if that was the footwell or the boot that got wet

Comment

could this be the same problem as in this thread.

Comment

If you have panoramic sunroof, check the back drains - mine were completely clogged and caused the same issue as you described (a littlle bit of pain to dismantle for cleaning though).

Comment

Did you ever get to solution for this?

Comment

Working...
                X