air con not working, how do i remove my aircon compressor pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air con not working, how do i remove my aircon compressor pump

I took my 2.0cdti to ATS to get the aircon regassed as it wasnt working. Its never worked since i got the car back in Feb. It was all pressure tested and regassed but the the clutch on the pump wouldn't click when the engine was running in so the gas was removed and i went home still sweating with the windows open. ATS only do regassing.

when i got home i tried to turn the inner/clutch part of the pully but it was solid. i managed to turn it a few degrees but it took a lot of force, so i am assuming the bearings knackered.

i can pick up a used replacement for a reasonable price but it looks a nightmare to get the old one out.

had anyone got a how 2 to remove the pump, what do i need to remove to gain access

thanks

Solution

[QUOTE=tarathedog;285876]I took my 2.0cdti to ATS to get the aircon regassed as it wasnt working. Its never worked since i got the car back in Feb. It was all pressure tested and regassed but the the clutch on the pump wouldn't click when the engine was running in so the gas was removed and i went home still sweating with the windows open. ATS only do regassing.

when i got home i tried to turn the inner/clutch part of the pully but it was solid. i managed to turn it a few degrees but it took a lot of force, so i am assuming the bearings knackered.

i can pick up a used replacement for a reasonable price but it looks a nightmare to get the old one out.

had anyone got a how 2 to remove the pump, what do i need to remove to gain access

thanks[/QUOTE

Hi there. I just had the same problem with my Insignia and soleved it. The compressor has no clutch! It has a wobble compresseor. I went to test the wiring at the compressor and the wire had split due to vibration. Check this first as it has saved me a fortune and now I have a ice cold car.

Comment

Working...
    X