Interior lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior lights

I have just noticed that, unlike my Vectra and Omega, that the interior lights don't come on when I open either of the rear doors. Is this a setting that can be changed, or is there a simple mod to enable this function? Car is a 2010MY 1.8 SE.
    TIA Dave.

There's a switch in the roof next to the courtesy lights

Comment

Yes I know that, what I want is for them to come on when I open one of the rear doors!

Comment

Check the fuses

Comment

They work with the front doors, but not the back doors, so it wont be the fuses.

Comment

Originally posted by dave b View Post
            They work with the front doors, but not the back doors, so it wont be the fuses.
            Mines the same but I'm not sure if the switch needs to be moved.

Comment

When I open rear doors on my '12 sri it triggers the lights. And as best as I can remember on my old '09 elite the lights came on on the rear doors being opened. I'm thinking this may be linked to whether the car has electric rear windows? As part of an 'upgrade' that triggers the lights when the rear doors are opened. Just a guess.

Comment

The car already has factory fitted electric rear windows and a rear roof mounted twin coursety light that comes on with either its own switches, or with the switch on the front coursety light, or by opening the front doors, but not the rear doors. I assume the door switches are in the lock mechanism as I cant see any on the door posts.
                I am begining to think I need a Tech2 type thing, or whatever it is they use to remove the contents of your wallet these days. thead

Comment

That rules out my guess. Yes the switch is in the lock mechanism but its very unlikely both are gone. I've no idea.

Comment

Ave you got the switch on the light in the correct position there are 3 positions .
                    Off
                    Permantley on
                    On when doors open

Comment

Yes, tried all the switch positions, but nothing happens with rear doors.
                      Is there anyone out there with a 59/10 plate SE that can tell me if their cars interior lights work off the rear doors?

Comment

I just had a flash back ��
                        I was thinking about this and remembered a mod I did to the first Insignia I had .
                        The rear lights are not wired up to the doors , the mod was to remove the center light obtain a front center light unit this has the map lights as well then extend the wiring from the front unit under the headling to the rear light unit . This will give you the rear light working with the doors and also you will get the map reading lights .
                        The front light unit has three switches the two outer switches and the center one for the cabin light . At the moment thevrear light you have I would think just has one switch .
                        Have a look at the two units you will see the difference

Comment

The front light has a three position rocker switch in the centre with off, door open and on positions, plus a push button switch each side for the map reading lights. The rear light has two push buttonswitches, one for each side.

Comment

That will be why the rear does not work with the doors then it is all coming back to me now , you would need to do the mod I mentioned to get them to work on the doors

Comment

My pre-face Elite has the lights coming on with rear doors,maybe down to spec.
                              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                              X