X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow bar fitting.

Just looking for general advice.
    Not a novice. I've fitted a few before.
    Just looking for information, do I need to cut the bumper, can the wiring be wires up direct to light or do I need a relay.

Thanks in advance.

Think you will need the plug and play module, especially if you have got rear parking sensors. The module will turn the sensors off when reversing.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

You haven't got a link for that have you.

Comment

I haven’t sorry, but I read on here about someone fitting the plug and play module.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

It'll depend on the towbar if you have to cut the bumper.

I bought my Insignia with the towbar already on it.
          It's the fixed type not the swan neck.
          The only but that's cut is a square out of the diffuser and it's underneath do it's not seen unless I run someone over.....but the bumper itself isn't cut at all.

Comment

Thanks both, I'll look into it.

Comment

And there's a module inside the boot trim in mine

Comment

The module I need to find, nothing on eBay so far.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  And there's a module inside the boot trim in mine
                  Mine too,,I take it,it disables the rear parking sensors and disables the rear cameras guide lines,,,it also beeps when you indicate
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I had the pfjones dedicated wiring kit when I did mine it worked no problem

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                      It'll depend on the towbar if you have to cut the bumper.

I bought my Insignia with the towbar already on it.
                      It's the fixed type not the swan neck.
                      The only but that's cut is a square out of the diffuser and it's underneath do it's not seen unless I run someone over.....but the bumper itself isn't cut at all.
                      Even then it might not been seen if they land face down when you run them over.

Comment

Took this photo just now so light a little low, but it'll give you an idea of the cut out for the fold away Thule bar on my '12 ST. The cut out on my previous ST with a fixed towbar was a lot less - a small rectangular hole just for the neck to fit through.
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/157128...posted-public/

Comment

Last time round I got a dedicated kit from:
                          https://www.rightconnections.co.uk/
                          It turned off the rear parking sensors and increased the number of indicator lane change flashes from 3 to 6.
                          Control box and wiring in boot over nearside wheel with wiring to fuse box in glovebox too.

Comment

Anyone got a picture of the module and where it's fitted.

Comment

Is yours a tourer ? If it is it fits in the fuse box behind the rear light passenger side

Comment

Working...
                              X