Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tailgate opening button not working

Car is a 2012 Sports Tourer Elite Nav Auto with 60,000 miles on the clock

I have had the above vehicle from new and has the 10 year warranty.

The tailgate opening button which is located just above the number-plate no longer works and my dealer wants £75 from me to diagnose the fault and check with Vauxhall whether or not it is coverd by the warranty. Whilst the £75 would be refunded if the warranty covers the fault I do not wish to lose £75 when I can fix it cheaper doing myself.

Does anyone know whether or not this fault will be covered by the warranty?
    (I understand there is a Technical Service Bulletin regarding this problem. Does it cover my vehicle?)

I have written to Vauxhall and their response was to send me a copy of the warranty terms and conditions.

Thanks,
    Dave

More than likely it will be the switch,had to replace my hatch one:

Some cheaper/dearer ones out there.hth.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Wow, 10 years warranty, some had a lot of fate in Vauxhall. As said, it's possible it is just the switch, common issue. Don't known why it shouldn't be covered by warranty as it isn't a wear part but just a bad design.

Comment

Have you had every service done by Vauxhall or a garage that's used approved vx parts?
        If the latter, then the parts would have to have been approved by vx so the 10 year warranty could be continued.

Comment

The genuine repair kit from VX costs about £23, its just the switch and tails. Part number: 13393912 for a '12 ST SRI Nav, so most likely the same. Previously you had to buy all of the wiring for the switch plus the 2 number plate lights. Relatively easy to do yourself, but if its under warranty let someone else do it.
          Last edited by Butt0ns; 15-07-2018, 09:24 PM. Reason: 2 not 3 lights

Comment

Working...
          X