Android Auto hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Auto hack

I've just watched a video on YouTube which shows you how to hack Android Auto on your phone and enable it to mirror the phone onto a screen in a car that can connect to Android Auto.

The phone must be rooted to a pc to hack but according to the video. There is nothing to change on the car side of things. I'm rubbish with this kind of thing but may be of interest to any of you who have cars that can display it.

Here's the video

If it works it will turn the centre screen into a full android unit.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

That looks really good Mark. Not just a basic mirroring technique but is fully ported the screen over and interactive.

Comment

Looks to good to be true.
      I wonder if we can find a quinea pig.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        Looks to good to be true.
        I wonder if we can find a quinea pig.
        What make of phone do you have Mark.

Comment

Samsung Galaxy Note 4. It's old. About 4 or 5 years old. Works with the Android Auto though.

Comment

There are quite a few guides and free software out there on how to root it, maybe your son can help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
              There are quite a few guides and free software out there on how to root it, maybe your son can help you out.
              Could do but!
              Minuteman Neal_1974 grumpano Defie TheKnight_RS john_k_sri bransoj

Might wanna try it first!
              Last edited by marko301; 18-07-2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                Could do but!
                Minuteman Neal_1974 grumpano Defie TheKnight_RS john_k_sri bransoj

Might wanna try it first!
                I might have a go tomorrow

Comment

Not sure i’ll be routing mine anytime soon i might break it ��

Comment

I’m iPhone unfortunately and it works fine with my car.

Comment

iPhone too..would love if something similar was available for iPhone. I would for sure give it a go.. always love a challenge

Comment

Would do it but I'm scared
                        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
                          Would do it but I'm scared
                          I am too.

Comment

Wonder what vauxhall would say if you messed up your infotainment systems

Comment

Nothing to do with Vauxhall as it's all on your phone. Rooting a phone is fairly straight forward especially older models but why would anyone really want to?

Comment

Working...
                              X