No announcement yet.

Android Auto hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh that looks good. Not interested in all my phone features although watching the footy while driving ......... No seriously just to get full android auto on the screen would be good for me.

Comment

I thought that android auto was only available on later (August 2015 onwards) models. I've just bought an elite that was first registered in March 2015. Is there some way to upgrade the navi 900 to work with android auto?

Comment

Originally posted by Argy View Post
        I thought that android auto was only available on later (August 2015 onwards) models. I've just bought an elite that was first registered in March 2015. Is there some way to upgrade the navi 900 to work with android auto?
        New hmi 2.5 programmed
        New 2016 radio module programmed

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
          New hmi 2.5 programmed
          New 2016 radio module programmed
          Is that something that a dealer has to do or is there an after market approach. In either case, what's the approximate cost?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Argy View Post
            Is that something that a dealer has to do or is there an after market approach. In either case, what's the approximate cost?

Cheers
            Doubt the dealer would do it. If they did they would use new hmi and radio module that's easily 800 already.

You could buy them on ebay, if you know someone that could program them for you job done.

Comment

Not even sure what they are yet. I'm pretty handy with computers and since my last post I see that the Americans and the Germans have written about it so it's more digging around for me...

Comment

Hmi controls the sat nav software, reverse camera, touch pad etc.

Radio module controls audio, indicator sounds etc.

You need someone with vauxhalls programming tools to re-program them to your vehicle.

Comment

Ah,
                  That helps.
                  I'll start digging for the hardware for now.
                  Thanks again

Comment

Rooted many phones, XDA is a good place to start. Might do my Moto G5S Plus, but was waiting for android 8 update 1st.

Seriously its not that hard on most phones, sometimes its just a website (KingRoot)

Warning. If you root remember things like Google pay, bank apps etc, can stop working. So unless watching video and having a picture of your OH on your dash is important then give it a miss. If AA is working you already have maps, and rest of the stuff anyway. To be honest all the Navi 900 stuff seems to work flawlessly anyway for me, but car did just have a system software update, so maybe just me happy with it

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I had an attempt at that hack with my car with no joy. I rooted an old phone that was sitting in a drawer for the last 2 years so nothing to lose. Not bothered about videos but like the android auto interface for things like having txts read out etc. Will just stick to the app on the phone in its windscreen holder I think.

Comment

mine reads the text out , but i havn't got android interface

Comment

This isn't just a hack, but more an app, but has somebody tried this?

Looking into this, but unfortunally my upgrade (hm2.0 to hm2.5) will take a couple of weeks so i can't test it out. I hate the slow charging of the default usb connection on my insignia and this would be an solution to bypass the slow charging.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennisd View Post
                            This isn't just a hack, but more an app, but has somebody tried this?

Looking into this, but unfortunally my upgrade (hm2.0 to hm2.5) will take a couple of weeks so i can't test it out. I hate the slow charging of the default usb connection on my insignia and this would be an solution to bypass the slow charging.
                            Are you changing the radio module too?

Comment

No, not yet, only the voice commands were missing if i don't update. Found the price of the updated silverbox not worth it ( yet )

Comment

Originally posted by Dennisd View Post
                                No, not yet, only the voice commands were missing if i don't update. Found the price of the updated silverbox not worth it ( yet )
                                You'll get no music either or sat nav voice from Google maps I think

Comment

Working...
                                X