Insignia 2.0 diesel Buzzing/priming noise before starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia 2.0 diesel Buzzing/priming noise before starting

Hi all, ive a insignia 2.0 diesel 2011 (110k) for the last few months when i turn the key theres a faint but distinct buzzing/priming noise, last for about 15 seconds. If i try and turn the engine over before this has stopped it will turn over but wont fire, like theres zero fuel.
    After the buzzing stops it starts, last few days it's now takes 2 or 3 goes having to wait for 15 seconds each time
    Anyone any ideas or had this themselves as its obviously getting worse whatever it is, thank you in advance
    Dean

Do you still get the buzzing noise now.??.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

sound like the check valve on the fuel pump has gone, it holds the fuel pressure in the rail so the pump doesn't need to prime every time you start the car
      if the fuel pressure in the rail drops the engine wont start until its is primed to prevent any damage to the fuel rail

i cant remember if the insignia has two pumps (low pressure pump from tank to engine and then a high pressure pump to increase the pressure at the fuel rail/injectors), but that sounds like your problem

Comment

Thank you for your replies !!!
        I'm still getting the buzzing noise and i've just changed the fuel rail pressure sensor and makes no difference.. (is that what you mean Mo_maih ? )
        ... today the AA had to be called, wouldn't start at all, cold start in the air box is the only thing that will make it fire ffs

Comment

once you start the engine with cold start does it keep running or die once you stop spraying the cold start?

no the sensor is fine, its the actual fuel pump that will need replacing (depending on the answer to the question above)

do you have any error messages on the dash?

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
            once you start the engine with cold start does it keep running or die once you stop spraying the cold start?

no the sensor is fine, its the actual fuel pump that will need replacing (depending on the answer to the question above)

do you have any error messages on the dash?

No errors on dash, it stayed running after cold start spray.
            had a leaking fuel injector, thats been replaced and its starting again, still not 100% tho as its started idling at over a 1000/1150 once its been running a while, ready for the knackers yard

Comment

Working...
            X