Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Insignia Grand Sport

Hi

My name is John. Some of you will remember me from Vectra-c.com. I recently changed from my 11-year-old remapped Vectra 1.9CDTI SRI XP NAV (150) to an Insignia Grand Sport Design 1.5T, and I'm loving it, such a lovely car to drive, a big step up all round for Vauxhall, at long last now competing with their competitors. So well equipped for a base model. I must admit I didn't like the Insignia MK1, but the facelift was 'more like it' for me IMO.

A quick pic 'before and after' of the two cars:

Last edited by sriray; 17-07-2018, 03:57 PM. Reason: Image embedded

Welcome

Yes, I remember you from the vectra sight.
    At least you kept the same user name as I have done.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Welcome
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Welcome to the forum
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Welcome and nice ride.
          sigpic

Comment

Hi John,

Nice before and after shots. Never had a Vectra but had an Insignia Facelift and loved it. Without taking anything away from the Insignia A, the B has really moved on. It's all the safety features I rave about but also how planted it is compared to my Facelift. It's a shame we're gonna lose OnStar in 2020 when GM cancel it in Europe and the UK.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hi John, nice to see you on here.

I met you once John outside demon tweaks back in my Vectra days. IIRC your vec c had a BSR remap on.

The Insignia preface was a big step up from the Vectra C. Unfortunately not all Vectra C owners liked them, end of the day they were the replacement, like it or not. The facelift the interior quality has improved furthur and much more advance gadgets. The new ISG is too new for me to comment. Some current siggy owners like it and some don't. Again end of the day it is the replacement.

Comment

Welcome buddy

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                  Hi John, nice to see you on here.

I met you once John outside demon tweaks back in my Vectra days. IIRC your vec c had a BSR remap on.

The Insignia preface was a big step up from the Vectra C. Unfortunately not all Vectra C owners liked them, end of the day they were the replacement, like it or not. The facelift the interior quality has improved furthur and much more advance gadgets. The new ISG is too new for me to comment. Some current siggy owners like it and some don't. Again end of the day it is the replacement.
                  Good to see you on here too. Yes, my old Vectra 1.9CDTi has a remap on it, pushing figures up to 192bhp and 340 lb/ft torque. It now belongs to my partner's son, who was really surprised at how it shifts, having previously told me it couldn't live with his old Passat 2.0 DSG diesel. It also sailed through the MOT, so he's happy.

Moving to the 1.5T has been quite a change for me. Now I've got used to it, and learnt how to get the best out of it, I agree it does shift a bit, enough for me, in spite of the reduction in power and torque coming from the diesel.

It is also a really nice place to be, with a perfect driving position. Also it continues the good work on the Insignia A facelift, as it is bang up-to-date with the competition in terms of technology, safety, engines, and the overall driving experience.

Comment

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
                    Good to see you on here too. Yes, my old Vectra 1.9CDTi has a remap on it, pushing figures up to 192bhp and 340 lb/ft torque. It now belongs to my partner's son, who was really surprised at how it shifts, having previously told me it couldn't live with his old Passat 2.0 DSG diesel. It also sailed through the MOT, so he's happy.

Moving to the 1.5T has been quite a change for me. Now I've got used to it, and learnt how to get the best out of it, I agree it does shift a bit, enough for me, in spite of the reduction in power and torque coming from the diesel.

It is also a really nice place to be, with a perfect driving position. Also it continues the good work on the Insignia A facelift, as it is bang up-to-date with the competition in terms of technology, safety, engines, and the overall driving experience.
                    You too John, nice to see you on here, Vectra-C is not really a place for insignia drivers, been there wasn't welcoming so i shifted to Insignia-Enthusiast.org which was bit shaky to begin with (Lots of sarky people), but they have all gone and been a nice place since, apart from when the site went down, hence this is where this forum has started up as it is reliable and moderated friendly forum, we are not strict like vectra-c and give our members room to breathe.

It does take some adjustable to drive a petrol again, i still prefer the drive of the diesel, it suits my driving style, lots of power low down and good on economy. All the years i have my insignia i always think about how i miss my diesel and the lack of power on petrol. Next time i get a diesel again.

The insignia preface is a massive jump from the vectra i had. Lots of toys i never had on the vectra.
                    I can only imagine it is a much much bigger jump for you skipping 2 generations of insignia's.

Comment

You too John, nice to see you on here, Vectra-C is not really a place for insignia drivers, been there wasn't welcoming so i shifted to Insignia-Enthusiast.org which was bit shaky to begin with (Lots of sarky people), but they have all gone and been a nice place since, apart from when the site went down, hence this is where this forum has started up as it is reliable and moderated friendly forum, we are not strict like vectra-c and give our members room to breathe.

It does take some adjustable to drive a petrol again, i still prefer the drive of the diesel, it suits my driving style, lots of power low down and good on economy. All the years i have my insignia i always think about how i miss my diesel and the lack of power on petrol. Next time i get a diesel again.

The insignia preface is a massive jump from the vectra i had. Lots of toys i never had on the vectra.
                      I can only imagine it is a much much bigger jump for you skipping 2 generations of insignia's.
                      Yes, I didn't know what to get after the Vectra and that all changed after seeing the Insignia Grand Sport. Also as I now drive less than 5000 miles a year, another diesel was not an option for me. I went from an Astra F, missed the Astra G (I wanted one but got my first Vectra C instead). Got two other 'C's, missed the Insignia A altogether.

TBF going from an Astra F 1.4 LS to a Vectra 'C' was a huge leap indeed. The Vectra 'C' is not a bad car, but it lagged behind most of it's competitors. The facelift Vectra 'C' did less to enhance the preface, than the facelift Insignia A did to enhance its own preface.

Comment

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
                        Yes, I didn't know what to get after the Vectra and that all changed after seeing the Insignia Grand Sport. Also as I now drive less than 5000 miles a year, another diesel was not an option for me. I went from an Astra F, missed the Astra G (I wanted one but got my first Vectra C instead). Got two other 'C's, missed the Insignia A altogether.

TBF going from an Astra F 1.4 LS to a Vectra 'C' was a huge leap indeed. The Vectra 'C' is not a bad car, but it lagged behind most of it's competitors. The facelift Vectra 'C' did less to enhance the preface, than the facelift Insignia A did to enhance its own preface.
                        That's right there wasn't much difference between the vectra c preface to facelift. There is some fair difference between the insignia preface to facelift, bluetooth comes as standard on the facelift which is nice.

Comment

That's right there wasn't much difference between the vectra c preface to facelift. There is some fair difference between the insignia preface to facelift, bluetooth comes as standard on the facelift which is nice.
                          The main difference between the Vectra C preface and facelift was the stuff they removed from the facelift SRI's - auto wipers, kick plates, traction control, auto-dimming rear view mirror and indirect night lighting. And of course there was no Traction Control or ESP on all facelift models except V6's and those with IDS+ or ESP specified.

Bluetooth was never standard, there was even no aux socket till MY2008, and then only with CD70 SatNav.

Comment

Working...
                          X