Ecoflex / stop start 2014 facelift elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecoflex / stop start 2014 facelift elite

Had my car for 2 weeks and it's only kicked in twice. My 2012 SE used to work all h time.

I've been on long motorway runs and not used the aircon so it should be working.

Checked the battery with a multimeter and it seems okay (around 12.6V, drops to around 10.6V when starting and then back up to 14V when running)

Is there any reason why is shouldn't work or should I consider a new battery?

Thanks!
    Bri

Originally posted by mindyourmagic View Post
    Had my car for 2 weeks and it's only kicked in twice. My 2012 SE used to work all h time.

I've been on long motorway runs and not used the aircon so it should be working.

Checked the battery with a multimeter and it seems okay (around 12.6V, drops to around 10.6V when starting and then back up to 14V when running)

Is there any reason why is shouldn't work or should I consider a new battery?

Thanks!
    Bri
    Ive got a 2016 had it 3 weeks its not worked once yet !maybe you shouldn't worry

Comment

your battery is not good enough for stop/start to work.
      been there seen it done it buddy, i bought a new battery and my stop/start works every time now providing i dont switch it off

Comment

I've had mine since February and tonight is the first time it's worked.
        Granted, it's the first time I've really taken it a distance, so I reckon the battery had been seriously boosted.

Got home and went to get my daughter from work, stopped at the lights and it cut out.
        **** myself as I thought something was wrong so I turned off the ignition and back on and it started.
        Stopped at her work and it done it again.

Big smile appeared on my boat race.

It'll probably not happen again

Comment

I've had mine since Tuesday and it's just started doing stop/start since yesterday. I do 75 miles a day to work so the battery has probably had a decent charge, although it doesn't quite fire up as quick as my old car did so probably needs a few more runs to charge the battery.

Comment

Are you pressing the clutch in when starting? This eases pressure / wear on the engine at start-up
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I have been doing but it's force of habit for me as I had to do it to start my last car.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                Are you pressing the clutch in when starting? This eases pressure / wear on the engine at start-up
                Don't you have to press the clutch to start the engine? You do in my 2014 facelift Elite.

My start/stop works all the time with the exception of when my heating is set to low and the A/C is on.

Not wishing to teach people to suck eggs, but you do have to be going at least walking distance before the stop, take it out of gear and release the clutch, I then sit there with my foot on the brake.

The OP's battery is pulling the ball park figures of mine so would be surprised if he needs a new battery.

Comment

Well i can't figure mine out, the more i used the car the better it worked, until today. Would work with AC on, would work every set of lights, would work everywhere. Today with AC turned down, nothing on it refused to work once .

But did try to work when i was coasting slowly in 2nd just before coming to a stop.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                  Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                  X