Alloy Wheel Change advice needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Langy View Post
    i'll pop a pic up when i get them..(picking them up on Sunday)

and then up close and personal at the next Rother Valley Meet..
    oooo another one for the list,cheers Chris
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Well, had a quick jaunt to Pontefract today ... and my Alloys are now fitted...

thoughts...??

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1510.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	242513

Name:	IMG_1509.jpg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	242514

Name:	IMG_1511.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	242515
      Chris

Comment

big improvement over the stock 17s Chris,,,much better
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I love black wheels so bound to be bias but you need tyre dressing on too for the best look.

Yeah a big improvement.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Sorry, not for me.
            I'm not a lover of black wheels fir various reasons.

And 1 of them, Mark has pointed out, the rubber needs constantly dressed, especially as you have a dark car.

Comment

yep i do agree about the tyre dressing, (the pics were after i'd put them on, but before i'd cleaned and dressed them), having sorted that out they look loads better,

however one mans wine is another mans poison...

Name:	IMG_1513.jpg
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	242516

Name:	IMG_1514.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	242517

Name:	IMG_1515.jpg
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	242518

Name:	IMG_1516.jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	242519
              Chris

Comment

It's given the car a more sporty look...Your next job has to be to get the calipers painted. I think you'd get away with a choice of colours too. Red, blue or yellow would work for a start.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

If there’s cash left over from the birthday kitty then get some lowering springs, even 30-40 MM will make a big difference with the new wheels mate

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                    It's given the car a more sporty look...Your next job has to be to get the calipers painted. I think you'd get away with a choice of colours too. Red, blue or yellow would work for a start.
                    Damn you Marko...another job to do now...
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart107 View Post
                      If there’s cash left over from the birthday kitty then get some lowering springs, even 30-40 MM will make a big difference with the new wheels mate

oooooo now there's a thought......
                      Chris

Comment

i'm still working out if there has been any difference to the accuracy of the speedo..

i can't seem to get my head around the difference, or supposed lack of difference, between 17' and 18' wheels... my head says there should be....
                        Chris

Comment

Nope, if they are the correct tyres, (245/45x18) then the speedo will be spot on. The rolling circumference will be exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                            i'm still working out if there has been any difference to the accuracy of the speedo..

i can't seem to get my head around the difference, or supposed lack of difference, between 17' and 18' wheels... my head says there should be....
                            There is;

At 2000rpm in 6th gear both 17" and 18" wheels turn at the same speed on the axle, but the 18" wheel having a greater circumference will cover more road, so hence faster. But at the same time the 18" wheel is actually rotating slower than the 17" wheel because of this.
                            The engine and gearbox have to work slightly harder to get the 18" wheel to a set speed than the 17" wheel.

All in all i suggest you find a hobby to amuse your otherwise bored mind

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Here at Autopart, we provide exclusive supplying rights to Lenso, 1AV & Axe alloys. From deep dish to concave, we have designs for everyone.

This will no doubt get you thinking

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

as long as the correct profile tyres are on, they'll be all the same ,16s,17s,18,19s and 20s .....55,50,45,40 and 35 respectively

Comment

Working...
                                X