Alloy Wheel Change advice needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
    as long as the correct profile tyres are on, they'll be all the same ,16s,17s,18,19s and 20s .....55,50,45,40 and 35 respectively
    Exactly what tyre/wheel calculator proves

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

cheers folks..
      you can always rely on this forum to give the answer to any issue..
      Chris

Comment

Well, after a couple of weeks i discovered that the so called 'black powder coat' started to peel off, they hadn't been 'powdered' at all, just oversprayed with a cheap gloss black...

so ..£250 later they've been in to a body shop an completely refurbished..(acid stripped to bare metal), primed and re-powder coated in High gloss black,
        had them re-fitted earlier today, and i'm loving how much better they look.

oh and i threw on a Shark Fin just for good measure..

(i do have an original GPS shark fin and was wondering if i were to connect it to the existing 'mount' would the wiring inside it act as a standard radio aerial ?...or does it only receive a GPS signal.. which are basically an advanced radio signal ?)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by marko301; 18-09-2018, 08:02 PM.
        Chris

Comment

least you know theyre all good now chris
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

just need to dress the tyres now...... and re-paint my calipers in Silver.......it never ends does it...

can a mod 'spin those pictures around'...thx
            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
              just need to dress the tyres now...

can a mod 'spin those pictures around'...thx
              ill leave that to marco,,I don't know how to
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Well I've spun em around but I can't get rid of the attached file bit. It isn't there when I edit the post.

Yeah I like them wheels black. I'm really starting to lean toward getting mine done.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

You will lose FM if you originally haven't previously had a shark fin.

Only way to do it is hide your antenna inside the headlining and fit the shark fin.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post

Only way to do it is hide your antenna inside the headlining and fit the shark fin.
                    This is what done and it works fine

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post

now this sounds interesting,

how easy is it to drop the head lining ?
                      Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                        now this sounds interesting,

how easy is it to drop the head lining ?
                        It's pretty easy. Pop one or both the back pillar covers off and pull it down. Take a look a pics 7, 8 and 9 in this link https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...elift-Insignia it was a different job I was doing but it shows how to get the covers off.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                          It's pretty easy. Pop one or both the back pillar covers off and pull it down. Take a look a pics 7, 8 and 9 in this link https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...elift-Insignia it was a different job I was doing but it shows how to get the covers off.
                          Thanks Marko, i'll have another look this weekend.....fingers crossed..
                          Chris

Comment

Bottom pic for me, mine are 18" 10 twin spokers

Comment

Working...
                            X