Clutch pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch pedal

Just recently my clutch pedal has been sticking half way down after starting the car it will come back up if flicked up with my foot but it's annoying.

Anyone else had this ??
    If so any advice would be much appreciated.

Wouldn't be bothered to much if it wasn't marking all my trainers that cost atleast £150 @ pair.

Originally posted by MightyWhiteyBi.T View Post
    Just recently my clutch pedal has been sticking half way down after starting the car it will come back up if flicked up with my foot but it's annoying.

Anyone else had this ??
    If so any advice would be much appreciated.

Wouldn't be bothered to much if it wasn't marking all my trainers that cost atleast £150 @ pair.
    master cylinder ???
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'm thinking the master cylinder but I was wandering if there any other known common faults.

I

Comment

read a few posts on here about pedal going all way to floor and not returnng,the outcome was the master cylinder had failed
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Great I did think master cylinder but couldn't work out why it returns back half way up maybe it's only half broke.

Do we know of any main dealers on here that get discount I just been told a new master cylinder will be £217
          ��

Comment

Did you get this fixed as I've notice mine does the same but is fine once I've brought the pedal back up? Stop/start works ok, had a similar issue with slave cylinder on my BMW E90 though the pedal would not return and stop/start didnt work. Just seems to do when car is cold is fine when I've used 6hrs previously for example.

Comment

No mate I recently bought a motorbike so not been driving it she has and she says it's not as bad as it was.
              Plus wasn't paying £217 for the master cylinder to be replaced when it's done 90000 and still on the original clutch and flywheel will just get it done when I get the clutch done.

Comment

Ok cheers I got a new cylinder fitted on BMW was less than £170 fitted at a local garage but as yourself will leave for now unless gets worse as this has done 80k too.

Comment

Yea just doesn't seem logical to me to pay part plus labour when I'll have to pay labour again if it needs a clutch especially when it doesn't affect the running of the beast

Comment

Working...
                  X