Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action required: cleaning exhaust filter must continue driving question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action required: cleaning exhaust filter must continue driving question??

Hi, my insignia keeps coming up with the above and i cannot get it to go off the screen to see other information.

The car is a 2013 model and is a diesel, i know that this comes up when you aren't doing a lot of long distance driving, i used to but don't as much at the moment, that will change again in the coming months but until then, is there any way to get rid of this message as it seems to be on all the time at the moment and i can't see anything else as it just stays on?

I was recently in a tyre place as i had breifly seen that the car was showing low pressure in 1 tyre but when they looked at the tyre they said it was fine and wanted to look at what was showing on the screen but this message then took over and they couldn't get passed it to see.

any ideas?

James

Obviously dpf is becoming blocked mate, get it on motorway in 3rd and hammer it, then keep it at 2k on cruise control for as long as it takes to go off, it’s telling you it’s in dyer need of a clean out

Comment

as above
      force it to do one, in 3rd gear if you have a dongle use the free android app, which works a treat i also have a regen led fitted in my wing mirror speaker cover simple and amazingly handy.

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
        as above
        force it to do one, in 3rd gear if you have a dongle use the free android app, which works a treat i also have a regen led fitted in my wing mirror speaker cover simple and amazingly handy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dpfmonitorfree
        That's interesting but I have know idea if its compatible with my car as I don't know what my engine code is If anyone can advise where I should look to determine engine type.

Comment

Did you do what your car asked you to do? Drive until the message disappeared? A normal regen takes about 20 km, when it shows this message it probably will take more to clear.

Comment

Pop your vin number into here tells you what engine number etc..

Comment

as above

Ok downloaded the app so now need obd interface, it says on play google that its been tested with "iCar2 ELM327 Interface" looks like there is 2 options for this device being bluetooth or wifi, dont know which to go for but I was to go for bluetooth would I loose connection with the cars built in hands free phone system when using this software?

Comment

i use the bluetooth option and no i do not loose phone connection, as for the dongle not all dongles work i had 2 cheap ones which would not work with the app so i got in touch with the author and he gave me a list of compatible dongles which i am unable to find right now, however i can tell you the dongle i use with this app and also torque is this one

Comment

Hi, i did go on the motorway in 3rd and it did take around 40 mins for the message to go away.

I happened to also be in a garage for something unrelated to that message but when he was nosing at the car it was breifly mentioned and he looked at said the filter does need changing and he also found that the fuel was back filling into the oil, when he looked in the oil it was nearly double the amount it should be and said it was actually fuel mixed in with it, it was £60 to sort that but he said it was lucky you didn't need a new DPF but they do see this quite a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by james_uk View Post
                    Hi, i did go on the motorway in 3rd and it did take around 40 mins for the message to go away.

I happened to also be in a garage for something unrelated to that message but when he was nosing at the car it was breifly mentioned and he looked at said the filter does need changing and he also found that the fuel was back filling into the oil, when he looked in the oil it was nearly double the amount it should be and said it was actually fuel mixed in with it, it was £60 to sort that but he said it was lucky you didn't need a new DPF but they do see this quite a lot.
                    Can someone confirm this! it does sound odd to me.

Comment

When the car does a regen it uses more fuel to bring the temperature up to help burn the crap out the dpf. If this is interrupted the excess full gets dumped back into the oil. If you do this to often then the oil gets diluted with fuel and doesn't do its job as ment to. I think to double the level means its been trying to regen for a while. I just had mine done the garage as my wife only does short trips now and it has needed a forced regen twice in 6 months

Comment

as above

Has anyone managed to get this to work on "Euro 6 with add blue" cars I've purchased the bluetooth Vtec 2 unit as recommended and downloaded the free version but cannot get it to give any values I appears to be connecting then reading ECU but just keeps saying "connecting, reading ecu","connecting, readingecu" cycling round and round.

Comment

Pretty sure it works on the a20dth, I know it checks for the engine code when it connects

Comment

just 5 mins ago had email from the guy who made the app. I seems it is on the A20DTH engine but no the B20DTH (mine is the B20DTH)

Comment

I have a 2013 insignia 2L I got the exhaust cleaning sign on my car last week drove it down the motorway and loads of smoke came out the exhaust, the sign went of for 2 days and then came back on and I can’t get it off I’ve done the motorway trip again and it’s still there. Can anyone help me with this?

Comment

Working...
                              X