Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Action required: cleaning exhaust filter must continue driving question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marcmc90 View Post
    I have a 2013 insignia 2L I got the exhaust cleaning sign on my car last week drove it down the motorway and loads of smoke came out the exhaust, the sign went of for 2 days and then came back on and I can’t get it off I’ve done the motorway trip again and it’s still there. Can anyone help me with this?
    How many mls on the car ? may need a forced regen . DPF may be blocked,or at the end of its life
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcmc90 View Post
      I have a 2013 insignia 2L I got the exhaust cleaning sign on my car last week drove it down the motorway and loads of smoke came out the exhaust, the sign went of for 2 days and then came back on and I can’t get it off I’ve done the motorway trip again and it’s still there. Can anyone help me with this?
      Have you ever checked your dpf status after regen before, it might be that regen has been stopped so many times that is just impossible to burn off now, but with out any data from opcom or any obd is hard to say why it would trigger message within 2 days.

Comment

Have you had any "service vehicle soon" message? It may be you have a split in the turbo boost pipe and it can't complete regens???
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

It has 93000 on it

Comment

I have booked it in for a service so I should find out from that.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
              Can someone confirm this! it does sound odd to me.
              I have definitely heard of a guy who never let his car regen and so much fuel went into the oil that it was eventually forcing its way out of the fill cap!
              2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
              honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Working...
              X