No announcement yet.

Brake upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really, which model do they normally come from, the VXR?... i guess you have big rims which visually makes them look smaller than they actually are, just looked looked like a lot of clearance around the disks etc... The alloys on our one just are 18" so it looks different.. i remember when put the 314mm on my old signums and vec under 19" rims and thought they looked dinky but were great for the stopping the car.. The set i removed from this Insignia were bigger than those 314mm but which were surprisingly quite poor... I can agree with anybody wanting to upgrade brakes, its not until you have the bigger sets fitted that realise how different a braking experience it it is..

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman_nige View Post
      really, which model do they normally come from, the VXR?... i guess you have big rims which visually makes them look smaller than they actually are, just looked looked like a lot of clearance around the disks etc... The alloys on our one just are 18" so it looks different.. i remember when put the 314mm on my old signums and vec under 19" rims and thought they looked dinky but were great for the stopping the car.. The set i removed from this Insignia were bigger than those 314mm but which were surprisingly quite poor... I can agree with anybody wanting to upgrade brakes, its not until you have the bigger sets fitted that realise how different a braking experience it it is..
      Yeah from vxr they are 4 pot calipers and 355 discs.

Think it’s just the pic taken up close

Rims are 20’s
      sigpic

Comment

Mine are upside down too and need repainting.

Comment

i do like those rims..

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            Looks great with them wheels.

I actually thing they're preface SRI wheels mate.

Hence the reason I was asking.

Considering a set of these as winter wheels for my own.

Just by way of an update on those rims i have on the wife's car.. Plasma did a check on the factory spec for my reg number and those alloys are indeed wrong for the car as you speculated.. Apparently it should be riding on 20" rims. I have no idea why they were changed by the previous owner, maybe the trader robbed them before selling it on to me..

We will be sticking with these 18s for now though as they have £600 worth of Goodyears fitted last November time.. I am wary about putting it on 20s as the current ride quality is top notch.. However that's not to say I will not consider it at her next tyre change, if i am still alive and kicking..

If anybody wanted to swap for set of 20s then i could be interested tough..

So you were correct dude...

Comment

Working...
            X