Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake upgrade

Hi all

Just thinking about doing a front brake upgrade on my 2011 hatchback CDTI...

Notice that the estate has at the front a 320mm setup against the 296mm standard hatchback.

How easy is to upgrade to the estate brake kit? Can I just change the carriers (using the same calipers)? Or do I need carriers and calipers?

Let's share the knowledge...

Regards
    F

Youll need bigger backplates too,,im sure you just need to change the caliper carriers
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      Youll need bigger backplates too,,im sure you just need to change the caliper carriers
      Fantastic news!!! Thanks Exclusiv

Also heard the rear brakes on the estate are bigger... Same thing there?? Just the carriers?

Cheers

Comment

Rears are 315mm, and yes just carrier brackets
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

i thought you need calipers, carriers and backplate? and obv the bigger discs and pads
          might be worth just using higher friction pads

and.... just to add, your cars braking performance is down to brakes and tyres, if you hit the brakes and the abs triggers then upgrade your tyres first
          but if you want bigger brakes for the looks then go for it

Comment

Same calipers Mo,, it's only when you step up to 337 and 355 requires calipers

Comment

Same calipers Mo,, it's only when you step up to 337 and 355 requires calipers
              if the carriers and back plate aint too expensive then i might upgrade as the 321mm discs and pads are cheaper than the 296mm
              and my front are due for a change anyway

Comment

Back plates can be a right pig to change, most who can't be arsed changing them take an angle grinder to them, and leave them off

Comment

Rears are 315mm, and yes just carrier brackets
                  EXclusiv I've just discover that for the rear ones we need also to change the calipers as the 315MM are vented and the standard 292MM are solid! Keep that in mind guys... 👍

Comment

My brother in law finally got round to fitting my 337mm fronts which I have to say are brilliant, big improvement over the standard 298s

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
                      My brother in law finally got round to fitting my 337mm fronts which I have to say are brilliant, big improvement over the standard 298s
                      wheres the photys

Comment

will need to get some taken once I get my tyres done and get the car a good clean.

Comment

do you have the part numbers for the calipers and carriers for the 337mm front brakes please bud.. I am looking to upgrade the wife's 1.6T facelift with bigger brakes now that they are worn down.. Thanks

Comment

come on, pictures or it never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman_nige View Post
                              do you have the part numbers for the calipers and carriers for the 337mm front brakes please bud.. I am looking to upgrade the wife's 1.6T facelift with bigger brakes now that they are worn down.. Thanks
                              carriers. 13343571 same for both sides
                              calipers. 13276173, 13276172
                              back plates. 13235022, 13235021
                              brake pads. 13237752
                              brake discs. 13579153 number for one disc

thats all the part numbers from when i did mine

Comment

Working...
                              X