X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user, New Insignia !

Hi all !

I'm from the South west, Plymouth.

My Second Vauxhall but my first Insignia.
    Had a 2007 Zafira 1.6 petrol before (baby runs).

Bought a cdti Eco SRI VX-line sports tourer (170bhp) in Power red, yes with the common Atomic 19" rims. Has loads of paid extras like auto boot, leather interior (seats), auto window wipers, auto rear dimming mirror, auto this & that.

I was expecting the car to be faster but I know its a larger car than I've driven before, I guess I've been use to hot hatches.
    Love the feel of the SRI upgrade/uprated suspension. The car doesn't lean at all !

Leather seats smelled like a rank old Jaguar, meguiars gold leather cleaner I hope can clear the smell, they looked clean but the bucket of water was black.

Back ground of the car. It's a 2015 (15 reg), 33840, FSH, two owners before me, R3 infotainment system, (1st owner & garage). Very good condition inside & out.
    A couple of things that I would like to know that I've noticed & try not to go on ! I'll also add this to a sub forum as I guess some don't visit here.

1. When coasting a long at variable speeds, I can drop my foot to the floor for a boost/Accelerate hard & the power takes 1 second before any extra delivery. It's quite noticeable & my other car (10plate Hyundai i30 1.6 TDI) it's instant. Don't know if it's the ECU talking to the engine ?
    If I lightly add power there's no lag & the power is added at will once the turbo hits.
    It's really annoying !
    I can video it but if it's normal, I'll just get use to it.

2. When resting my foot on the clutch, that's the point where you press it, it drops but it doesn't engage. You can feel the engine/gear box movement, it's like a feed back. A light vibration, nothing heavy, more a feeling ? Its the same feeling if I engage & fully press.
    No clutch click like I've heard/seen on YouTube so I'm fine there.

3. Climate control sometimes loses communication with the intellilink. I get a gray banner covering the screen where it info would be. Very sporadic, works most of the time but fails when you need it most

4. Has Adblue thingy ? I've googled what it does, shame it doesn't lower the tax (£120 a year). When do you add more, every month, every service or top up every now & again ?

Welcome,Some Diesel members will be along to answer your questions,I'm a Petrol Turbo so can't really answer,post some pics up,we like to see new members motors!
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Welcome

As for the hesitation on the accelerator, then a pedal box should be able to help eliminate this. It is a normal thing but, I put a pedal box on and the car is much more responsive...
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Welcome fellow Plymouthian!!!!

Comment

Hi Andi,

Re question 3. Maybe ask a Vauxhall dealer if there are any recall/updates for the infotainment system. The 2014 was very buggy. 2015 was better but they didn't really iron them out until 2016 so I'd say your system could be suffering form some of those gremlns.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hi mate, the adblue will warm you when it’s running low I think it’s about 1500 miles left and every time you start the car you will get a warning on the dash. You get a good few thousand miles out a full tank of adblue . There’s also a wee bit about it in the handbook but it’s never caused me any problems ��. You can get 10 litres from likes of halfords or europarts pretty cheap ����

Comment

Thank you for your responses.

Pedal box, I've not read up on one of those !

I've read Remapping the engine £250
              Pedal box £199
              Update for system £70

Getting expensive, still need new mats.

Comment

Have a read:
                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Andi-C View Post

Pedal box £199
                  Update for system £70

Welcome to the world of the Vauxhall money pit

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                    Welcome to the world of the Vauxhall money pit
                    Yes, indeed ! Could be worse, could be a German car. Extra money for the badge.

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                    Thanks. I did do a quick Google & watched a YouTube. I'll start saving, never know one may turn up on the classified !

Comment

Originally posted by Andi-C View Post

Pedal box £199
                      Update for system £70

There is a member on here that is selling a dtuk pedal box. Take a look in the for sale section.
                      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Cheers !

Comment

Welcome Buddy

Comment

Working...
                          X