Stage one or economy remap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage one or economy remap

I’ve just bought a 2014 2.0cdti 167bhp vx line insignia and I want to give it a bit more more mid range. Celtic tuning in Northern Ireland get a good reputation and have offered to carry out the work for £345. They offer economy to 192bho or stage one to 210bhp.

Has anyone had their 167bhp mapped, If so what bhp did you go to and did you run into any issues?

ECU Remapping for Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTi 167 bhp. Gain 18% torque with a Stage 1 diesel Tuning. Chip Tuning options available, DPF<br>removal, EGR<br>Removal.

I don’t mind upgrading my pads and disks but I don’t want to be doing muchg more than that mechanically or doing anything that will put my turbo or clutch at risk?

Final question they offer dpf removal and egr delete are either or both of these needed
    2014 white SRI VX line

Stage one or economy remap

Not sure on remap buddy but Do Not get DPF removed, new Mot rules are checking further into this and it could deem your motor unroadworthy. So it’s just not worth the risk

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
      Not sure on remap buddy but Do Not get DPF removed, new Mot rules are checking further into this and it could deem your motor unroadworthy. So it’s just not worth the risk

Thanks I’ll not touch the dpf or egr but what about the remap is 210bho too much and go for 192?
      2014 white SRI VX line

Comment

I’ve put a post up about remap other week and the lads on here pretty much said, a remap isn’t factory so it puts extra stress on components like the box, clutch, dmf, drive shafts, tyres, engine mounts etc etc.. just wouldn’t bother if it’s got enough beans for overtaking and going up hills it should be enough, so I’ve not bothered at all with it mate and it will prolong the life of those expensive parts

Comment

He's got the F40 box so the car will take a remap. The problems with remaps are when the car goes into the dealer and they do any ECU updates it wipes the map and you would need to get it put back on again. I would go for the economy map, still plenty of mid range pickup
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
          X