X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Specification changes to Insignia Grand Sport for MY19

A real mixed bag with some unwelcome changes

Here

They keep chipping away at the standard options. I can't see many buyers ticking the OnStar option on a 2019 car when it's due to stop working at the end of 2020.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Once again, like on the Vectra 'C', they have removed stuff from SRI's which set them apart from lower specs. Not impressed with the introduction of GPF's, as if the petrols were as polluting as the dirty diesels. Glad I got a Euro 6, and not a Euro 6.2.

I have read that Onstar was being discontinued on new vehicles from 2019, maybe they just want to make a few bob, it was available free for a year, with 3-months/3Gb free wifi thrown in. £450 sounds steep as yearly subscription is about £90, and yearly wifi £100.

Bottom line is that PSA have their own system which will doubtless be rolled out, at a price, on the PSA-platformed Vauxhalls to come.

Comment

Gasoline Particulate Filter?
        Like the EGR valve was fitted to some petrols but not mine.

Comment

Yep. Had to happen I suppose at some point.

Comment

“Chrome boot entrance protection plate and rear trunk roll net has been removed from all Sport Tourer models”

Might be able to flog the roll net I’ve got sat in my garage that I can’t use due to the dog cage I’ve got installed!

As for the GPF does this mean folk who don’t do long journeys very often are now going to have problems like those in diesels do or will they work differently? Presumably they would have to get very hot to burn off like the DPF so in the same boat?

Comment

Answered my own question with a quick google....

“Each filter costs around £25, requires no maintenance, doesn’t increase fuel consumption and is simpler than a DPF because it won’t clog up in urban running as the exhaust from a petrol engine is hot enough to allow the filter to clean itself without any extra help.”

Comment

What particles do you get in petrol emissions?
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Intersting reading!

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

In addition to the last post, a quick Google came up with THIS

A real 'can of worms' has been opened.

Comment

The fact that Vauxhall sales are down severely and Opel sales in Ireland are down 32% despite the new Insignia and other new models is leading the cost cutting. And with every dealership being out of contract in 2020 its not going to be pretty. There must have been some tasty margins for the dealers.

Comment

Think the changes just about make the decision for me not to buy another insignia.

First they remove the vxr option and now having just looked at the configurator the 2.0 petrol engine is also no longer available on the gsi. On top of this it now costs 38k, for another 2k I could have a KIA Stinger 3.3 V6 that does 0-62 in 4.7 seconds and has every option as standard.

Comment

Vauxhall are very good at accomodating "special builds" so if you were buying new from a Vauxhall dealer and wanted a 2ltr Petrol Turbo on the GSI they could contact Vauxhall Head Office who can then get approval from Opel Germany to say whether they can do the build. I did it on my 2011 Elite Ecoflex when I also wanted flexride but it wasn't an available option on the configurator

Comment

How have you found the 2ltr SIDI turbo? I've just had to have a new air con compressor fitted under lifetime warranty on my 64 plate, that and replacing the pedal box at 15k. Only covered 27k though from new now

Comment

The range of engines Opel offer in Continental Europe and in Ireland are not the same as here in the UK. The 165PS version of the 1.5 petrol is not available on a hatchback in Europe, and looking at the very latest Irish Brochures, the 2.0 petrol is no longer available and the 2.0 GSI petrol has been dropped.

There is still talk of a VXR ....I wonder if Opel will have the ball$ to release it with a 3.6 V6 as available in the US, China and Australia. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X