Car
    July 2012 Vauxhall BiTurbo Import from UK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    The fact that Vauxhall sales are down severely and Opel sales in Ireland are down 32% despite the new Insignia and other new models is leading the cost cutting. And with every dealership being out of contract in 2020 its not going to be pretty. There must have been some tasty margins for the dealers.

Car
    64 Plate Insignia Elite 2.0T
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think the changes just about make the decision for me not to buy another insignia.

First they remove the vxr option and now having just looked at the configurator the 2.0 petrol engine is also no longer available on the gsi. On top of this it now costs 38k, for another 2k I could have a KIA Stinger 3.3 V6 that does 0-62 in 4.7 seconds and has every option as standard.

Car
    2ltr Elite Turbo Hatch Manual with all the toys and more
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vauxhall are very good at accomodating "special builds" so if you were buying new from a Vauxhall dealer and wanted a 2ltr Petrol Turbo on the GSI they could contact Vauxhall Head Office who can then get approval from Opel Germany to say whether they can do the build. I did it on my 2011 Elite Ecoflex when I also wanted flexride but it wasn't an available option on the configurator
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Car
    2ltr Elite Turbo Hatch Manual with all the toys and more
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How have you found the 2ltr SIDI turbo? I've just had to have a new air con compressor fitted under lifetime warranty on my 64 plate, that and replacing the pedal box at 15k. Only covered 27k though from new now
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Car
    Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport 1.5T Design (165)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The range of engines Opel offer in Continental Europe and in Ireland are not the same as here in the UK. The 165PS version of the 1.5 petrol is not available on a hatchback in Europe, and looking at the very latest Irish Brochures, the 2.0 petrol is no longer available and the 2.0 GSI petrol has been dropped.

There is still talk of a VXR ....I wonder if Opel will have the ball$ to release it with a 3.6 V6 as available in the US, China and Australia. LOL.

Car
    2018 Insignia Sports Tourer 1.5 Turbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post
    The range of engines Opel offer in Continental Europe and in Ireland are not the same as here in the UK. The 165PS version of the 1.5 petrol is not available on a hatchback in Europe, and looking at the very latest Irish Brochures, the 2.0 petrol is no longer available and the 2.0 GSI petrol has been dropped.

There is still talk of a VXR ....I wonder if Opel will have the ball$ to release it with a 3.6 V6 as available in the US, China and Australia. LOL.
    I believe that 2.0 petrol will be changed to 1.6 turbo petrol (200 something Hp.). Guessing that may be happening because 2.0 is a GM engine. At least that's what have happened in continental Europe.

Car
    Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport 1.5T Design (165)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told that the 2.0T was dropped here in the UK because of poor sales. The 1.6T petrol ( same as in the Astra) is now available, but only in the Insignia Grand Sport in 'Elite' trim (which I think is 'Cosmo' in Europe), when surely SRI owners would go for it.

On the subject of engines, all Opel/Vauxhall engines, with the exception of the new Crossland and Grandland SUV models, which have Peugeot engines, have been developed under GM platforms and will become redundant by 2021/2022, in line with PSA's intention to move all new models onto PSA platforms, and not pay ongoing fees to GM for continued use of their platforms.

Car
    2016 2.0 CDTi ecoFLEX BlueInjection Elite Nav (170) s/s
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post
    I was told that the 2.0T was dropped here in the UK because of poor sales. The 1.6T petrol ( same as in the Astra) is now available, but only in the Insignia Grand Sport in 'Elite' trim (which I think is 'Cosmo' in Europe), when surely SRI owners would go for it.

On the subject of engines, all Opel/Vauxhall engines, with the exception of the new Crossland and Grandland SUV models, which have Peugeot engines, have been developed under GM platforms and will become redundant by 2021/2022, in line with PSA's intention to move all new models onto PSA platforms, and not pay ongoing fees to GM for continued use of their platforms.
    Will be a lot of those engines still running long after that
    MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver.

9. Likes john_k_sri liked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2