More Specification changes to Insignia Grand Sport for MY19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
    The range of engines Opel offer in Continental Europe and in Ireland are not the same as here in the UK. The 165PS version of the 1.5 petrol is not available on a hatchback in Europe, and looking at the very latest Irish Brochures, the 2.0 petrol is no longer available and the 2.0 GSI petrol has been dropped.

There is still talk of a VXR ....I wonder if Opel will have the ball$ to release it with a 3.6 V6 as available in the US, China and Australia. LOL.
    I believe that 2.0 petrol will be changed to 1.6 turbo petrol (200 something Hp.). Guessing that may be happening because 2.0 is a GM engine. At least that's what have happened in continental Europe.

Comment

I was told that the 2.0T was dropped here in the UK because of poor sales. The 1.6T petrol ( same as in the Astra) is now available, but only in the Insignia Grand Sport in 'Elite' trim (which I think is 'Cosmo' in Europe), when surely SRI owners would go for it.

On the subject of engines, all Opel/Vauxhall engines, with the exception of the new Crossland and Grandland SUV models, which have Peugeot engines, have been developed under GM platforms and will become redundant by 2021/2022, in line with PSA's intention to move all new models onto PSA platforms, and not pay ongoing fees to GM for continued use of their platforms.

Comment

I was told that the 2.0T was dropped here in the UK because of poor sales. The 1.6T petrol ( same as in the Astra) is now available, but only in the Insignia Grand Sport in 'Elite' trim (which I think is 'Cosmo' in Europe), when surely SRI owners would go for it.

On the subject of engines, all Opel/Vauxhall engines, with the exception of the new Crossland and Grandland SUV models, which have Peugeot engines, have been developed under GM platforms and will become redundant by 2021/2022, in line with PSA's intention to move all new models onto PSA platforms, and not pay ongoing fees to GM for continued use of their platforms.
        Will be a lot of those engines still running long after that

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

A real mixed bag with some unwelcome changes

Here
          Vauxhall always do this spec them up at launch then bit by bit de vamp.

Comment

I'm out hate Peugeot, the death of Vauxhall 😣

Comment

Originally posted by 98vectra View Post
              Vauxhall always do this spec them up at launch then bit by bit de vamp.
              Wow everything costing more, and taking off all the good stuff.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by 98vectra View Post
                I'm out hate Peugeot, the death of Vauxhall 😣
                TBH I had a 1.5 Pug Engine in my 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Tdci 120 Titanium, it pulled like a train
                had lots of poke when turbo kicked in about 1750 rpm loved it, even seen off a lot of BMW 3 series
                god only knows what it would have been like with a pukka Ford Motor ??

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                  Wow everything costing more, and taking off all the good stuff.
                  Exactly so. The Grand Sport was so attractively priced and specced throughout the range, it had so much going for it. Then as you said, they cut out some standard features, and bumped up list prices by nearly £2000. Madness.

Comment

Exactly so. The Grand Sport was so attractively priced and specced throughout the range, it had so much going for it. Then as you said, they cut out some standard features, and bumped up list prices by nearly £2000. Madness.

I blame AutoExpress etc...for bigging it up as best car!
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Dual tone horns to be replaced with single tone. Rover did this in 2004 when they facelifted the 75. The single tone horn made such a feeble sound that owners had to add the other horn themselves otherwise it was very embarrassing sounding the single horn

With car sales down but still with fixed overheads prices will rise.

Comment

Its a bad move if you ask me, the likes of BMW and other marque cars manufacturers are actively adding kit as standard.

Shame as the new tourer is a great looking car with a good spec standard

Comment

Working...
                        X