Tourer break glass sensors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourer break glass sensors.

Hi, I'm still getting false alarm triggers, not often, only maybe once a day. So far I've put a new battery on, new bonnet latch, new alarm siren module thingy; but it still goes off. I've tried switching off the motion sensors, it still goes off. I've even tried pulling fuse 23 in the load compartment fuse box to disable the ultra sonics, it still goes off. So now I'm looking at whether the insignia tourer has rear break glass sensors? I know the vectra c used to and they were always responsible for false alarms, so does the insignia have these? I noticed fuse 63 in the engine compartment fuse box is designated as rear window sensor, so could pulling that disable them if present? Anyone know?

Originally posted by 2cdti View Post
    Hi, I'm still getting false alarm triggers, not often, only maybe once a day. So far I've put a new battery on, new bonnet latch, new alarm siren module thingy; but it still goes off. I've tried switching off the motion sensors, it still goes off. I've even tried pulling fuse 23 in the load compartment fuse box to disable the ultra sonics, it still goes off. So now I'm looking at whether the insignia tourer has rear break glass sensors? I know the vectra c used to and they were always responsible for false alarms, so does the insignia have these? I noticed fuse 63 in the engine compartment fuse box is designated as rear window sensor, so could pulling that disable them if present? Anyone know?
    Just a quick update on this. I pulled fuse 63 from the engine compartment fuse box two weeks ago and have had no false alarms since, everything else electrical still works fine and the alarm triggers from all the other sensors and triggers. I think this fuse is only present in the tourers, so if you're having false alarm triggers with hazards flashing then this might be a place to start. It obviously now points to a fault on the break glass sensors on the back quarter windows, but I'm not too fussed about that.

Comment

Originally posted by 2cdti View Post
      Just a quick update on this. I pulled fuse 63 from the engine compartment fuse box two weeks ago and have had no false alarms since, everything else electrical still works fine and the alarm triggers from all the other sensors and triggers. I think this fuse is only present in the tourers, so if you're having false alarm triggers with hazards flashing then this might be a place to start. It obviously now points to a fault on the break glass sensors on the back quarter windows, but I'm not too fussed about that.
      Mine was the back left small quarter glass. When parked in the sun the wire in the glass expands and sets the alarm off. Took me a while to find the fuse like you did. Vauxhall were no help as well. Figured it out as the alarm only went off if parked with passenger side in the sun, if I reversed on the drive it was fine also in Winter!!

Comment

Working...
      X