Hi new member here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi new member here

Just bought an 09plate with only 64k on the clock. Keep getting a foot on brake warnings from the speedo bezel and it immobilises the car. I have switched off engine got out of the car. Locked it and the warning light is still on. It is a manual handbrake. Any electronic wizards got an answer please.
    Rookie

Hi Rookie, welcome. I have never heard of a "Foot on brake" warning, but I am sure someone on here will have. Hope you get an answer. It may be that you need it on some type of code reader.

Comment

Is it an auto gear box?
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks red stoat

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
        Hi Rookie, welcome. I have never heard of a "Foot on brake" warning, but I am sure someone on here will have. Hope you get an answer. It may be that you need it on some type of code reader.
        It is a yellow warning icon that comes on showing a foot on a brake to warn you to release the electronic brake. As I have a normal handbrake I can't figure how it senses. Also how does it immobilise the car till it goes out. Beats me all ends up. Cheers

Comment

Thanks logosgil.
          No it's manual box and handbrake
          Cheers rookie

Comment

I think it's actually a clutch pedal, which you need pressed in order to start the car. It probably "thinks" the pedal is not pressed, hence the car not starting. I am assuming it's a switch on the clutch at fault.

Comment

Thanks red stoat

I think it's actually a clutch pedal, which you need pressed in order to start the car. It probably "thinks" the pedal is not pressed, hence the car not starting. I am assuming it's a switch on the clutch at fault.
              I might agree but it gets deeper. It always starts first time foot on or off clutch. I always start with foot on clutch to take engine strain off gearbox. But it don't get why it does it when I stall it and why it immobilises the car.
              Cheers rookie

Comment

Hmmmm - mine won't start without the clutch depressed, hope someone can help. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks red stoat

Hmmmm - mine won't start without the clutch depressed, hope someone can help. Good luck.
                  Yes I have a hmmmmm. I will have to work on it. More annoying than a problem. Thank you for your input. Will post if I get to the bottom of it.
                  Rgds rookie

Comment

Best wishes Rookie, I am sorry I can't be of any help. If - correction - WHEN you sort the problem, post it on here for the benefit of others.
                    p.s. Let us know where you are, you never know when you need a second opinion, or a code reader, there may be someone just around the corner from you.

Comment

Welcome
                      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

welcome buddy

hope you get your issue resolved.

Comment

Hi,

I can't help either but hope you get it sorted!
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                          X