Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia door swap mirrors don’t work

Hey all,

I have just bought a lovely 09 plate SRI with 55k so very happy however I noticed the mirrors didn’t work neither did the passenger windows from the drivers door controls however they worked on their own switch. The car is in great condition apart from a rust spot on the drivers door near the bottom and on closer inspection the whole bottom of the door was scrapped which makes me think the door has been swapped. Can I just swap the door again as my local scrap dealer has a perfect one or will the windows and mirrors need some kind of coding? I would like to swap the door either way as the one with the scrap dealer is in better condition but will I still have the mirror/window problem.

Thanks in advance

door will be straight swap,,and you need to check the connections on the drivers door,window and mirror connections etc
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Check fuse 55 in engine for mirrors. Doors straight swap maybe connector damaged.

I think it's pin 3 for windows green wire

Comment

When I swapped the drivers door on a Vectra C, I had to use the control module off the old door to get everything to work correctly. Simple swap, just a couple of screws and a plug.

Comment

Thanks guys, I have now put the new door on but same results, drivers window works on main control on the door but doesn’t work any other windows or mirrors. Fuse 55 is ok, connections look ok but I’m no expert. If i need the original door I’m stuck as I am pretty sure the door I bought it with was changed, why else would the bottom edge be scrapped unless dragged across a scrap yard floor once upon a time.
          Looks like I will have to take it to a main dealer and swallow the cost.

Thanks again and if anyone has any ideas please fire them over ��

Comment

Do they all work on their seperate switches, could be the actual main switch not working.

Can you hear the motor doing anything as you press? Maybe worth a try at cleaning the contacts in the mirror switch and window switch.

Comment

yes they all work on their individual switches and the drivers works on the main control but the others don't. surely I cant have had two doors with the same fault it must need plugging in or some kind of pattern completing - I had a Skoda where the windows would hit the top and then go back down again and it turned out if you held the switch for 3 seconds when it was up this would reset it - do you think it could be something like this? I changed the lock also if that helps.

thanks for the advice I will clean them and see

Comment

Originally posted by Jdawg View Post
                yes they all work on their individual switches and the drivers works on the main control but the others don't. surely I cant have had two doors with the same fault it must need plugging in or some kind of pattern completing - I had a Skoda where the windows would hit the top and then go back down again and it turned out if you held the switch for 3 seconds when it was up this would reset it - do you think it could be something like this? I changed the lock also if that helps.

thanks for the advice I will clean them and see
                Disconnect battery for 30 mins and try again

Comment

Working...
                X