losing coolant again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing coolant again...

As title says my coolant level has been dropping over last month had to put a bit in twice now not a lot but losing enought for warring to pop up. Had the egr cooler changed about 9 months ago and I 've checked their and can't find a leak. Cant see any wet or stained areas in bay from top any common places 4 it to leak I can check out?

Thanks all

Do you know if your water pump has been changed, as it’s a common place

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
      Do you know if your water pump has been changed, as it’s a common place
      Thanks I'll take a look. I 've had car 4 years and I 've never had it done.

Comment

Had a nose about and can see a wet area below were the pump on the under tray etc but couldn't see any on the pump etc so prob needs doing any how. how hard is it 2 do yourself? Can u do it in situ etc just so wondering so garage don't bend me over if take to one

Comment

But also noticed at front today on floor was a small wet area so need to investigate that aswell. As had a small bang on front about 2 months ago.

Comment

I did mine yesterday, getting the undertray off was the biggest challenge as it has a damn hinge. If you get a gates kit the new belt has white marks, so you only have to line them up, have a read of a Haynes. Basically not massively difficult

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
              I did mine yesterday, getting the undertray off was the biggest challenge as it has a damn hinge. If you get a gates kit the new belt has white marks, so you only have to line them up, have a read of a Haynes. Basically not massively difficult
              Thanks, where did you get your kit from?

Comment

I followed a link on here that went to eBay

Comment

Thanks. I'll have a look 4 it

Comment

Mine turned out to be the radiator leaking at bottom nearside as apparently there is two different metals in contact that causes rad to leak

Comment

I used radweld plus as I couldn’t find the leak, only 3 weeks ago but she not dribbled on the floor yet

Comment

It's defo watherpump.... fun times

Comment

Working...
                        X