No announcement yet.

Known Overheat Engine Computer Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi everyone I know this is isn’t for Astra cars but the symptoms here are exactly what I am having and like to share and be offered advice,

I have encountered the same problems as everyone else here on a astra2.0 cdti particular filter full on motorway it cleared came off round about said switch of car temp was right into red pulled over checked engine I thought the gasket had gone and expected steam and coolant gone nothing.

Left the car for 6 hours went to start it struggled starting and sounded like a bag of spanner’s rough you could not drive it only crawl. When you rev it it sounds very rich and pure diesel smell. Got it to a friends garage I thought engine was knackered. He said it electrical and have to go to dealers.he has access to tech 2 what uses he said it will have to be re programmed at Vauxhall I’m imaging the software need updating. He thinks the camshaft sensor is to blame he is going to clean it before it goes to vaxhaull too , god knows how much this gonna cost and what concerns me is the problem coming back I have read on exhaust sensor being changed and the dpf filter sensor

Comment

Hello MR Pgtips sir
      we are a very friendly forum
      if you could poop along to the new members section and say hello
      tell us about you and a picture of your car because this lot like pictures
      useful link comming up !

10-4 plastic swimwear !

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Add me to the list of people this has happened to. Just as others described "Engine overheating - pull over immediately", coolant levels ok, no steam from radiator, tried to restart, awful clanging sound like metal scraping. Had to have car towed, independent garage plugged car in to "a host of error codes", these codes then disappeared and the car was back to normal.

My trust in the car has gone to zero. How can I have any confidence in it, especially when others have said their problem has reoccured? The only thing I will keep in my back pocket is to disconnect the battery and hope that that will reset the computer if it happens again.

I think the only option here is to get rid of the car? If this was happening to your Insignia, what would you do? Is there even any point getting in touch with Vauxhall (it sounds like others haven't had much luck). I'm so disappointed. After two years of trouble-free driving with the Insignia (having had a nightmare few years with a Jetta), my confidence is shattered.

Comment

Crikey thread revival!
          its to do with a software update , it effects the exhaust gas temperature sensor number 1
          vauxhall dealer us the people to speak to regarding an update.

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

This is happening to my car. Coolant levels are fine, exhaust sensor has been replaced, but four times in the last six months the temp gauge has hurtled to the top and the overheated light has come on. The car has gone into limp mode until the mechanic is able to clear the system. I've got it booked into the dealer on Tuesday to investigate and install this update, which I'm really hoping sorts it out. If you've had this problem, has it sorted out your car, everyone? If not, what else have you done? Have you had to get rid of the car?

I've uploaded a screenshot of the fault codes from today.

Thanks

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X