No announcement yet.

Known Overheat Engine Computer Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was driving on the motorway coz on dash it said particle filter was full, continue driving. I did this and the message went off, in my way back another message came on the dash, saying engine overheating, stop driving, I pulled off the motorway and stopped for a while. Restarted the car and the overheat message came bk on the dash, the engine sounded really noisy and shuddering, all oils and coolants where fine, no sign of any leaking. I’m waiting for a mobile mechanic to come out and see what’s the problem. I hope it isn’t to serious. Has anybody else had this issue. It’s 2012 2.0 cdti. I tried the car 2 days later and still says engine overheating and temperature gauge goes straight into red

Comment

Originally posted by Steven standish View Post
      Was driving on the motorway coz on dash it said particle filter was full, continue driving. I did this and the message went off, in my way back another message came on the dash, saying engine overheating, stop driving, I pulled off the motorway and stopped for a while. Restarted the car and the overheat message came bk on the dash, the engine sounded really noisy and shuddering, all oils and coolants where fine, no sign of any leaking. I’m waiting for a mobile mechanic to come out and see what’s the problem. I hope it isn’t to serious. Has anybody else had this issue. It’s 2012 2.0 cdti. I tried the car 2 days later and still says engine overheating and temperature gauge goes straight into red
      If you delete the stored fault code for it. Should start up normally.

One of the EGT sensors has died. I believe it's linked with regeneration as well

Comment

Thank you. Is that a big and expense job 👍🏻

Comment

Can you still drive the car once the code has been removed or do you need to get the sensor changed first.

Comment

Thank you. Is that a big and expense job [emoji1303]
            I don't know, I had it done under warranty

Comment

Can you still drive the car once the code has been removed or do you need to get the sensor changed first.
              You can but it might throw the code up again leaving you stranded somewhere.

Comment

If you can get hold of a diag scanner, leave the car to soak overnight, turn the ignition on and look at the temperature readings for the exhaust gas sensors. If you’ve got one which is failing you’ll see a big difference in temperatures

Comment

I have deleted this code and replaced the EGT SENSORS before the next regen. Since then no more errors.

Comment

anyone know how much it is to get fixed as I have the same problem, happen twice, 6-8 months apart

Comment

Just had this happen again to me (3rd time). I’m 150 miles from home but thankfully brought a spanner with me, removed the + battery connection and reconnected and works fine after that. Still don’t want to be doing this on the side of the M6 with 2 young children in the car. Last 2 times this happened, the garage couldn’t find anything wrong with it after they got it going again. I will be looking to trade it in.

Comment

Originally posted by CP80 View Post
                        Just had this happen again to me (3rd time). I’m 150 miles from home but thankfully brought a spanner with me, removed the + battery connection and reconnected and works fine after that. Still don’t want to be doing this on the side of the M6 with 2 young children in the car. Last 2 times this happened, the garage couldn’t find anything wrong with it after they got it going again. I will be looking to trade it in.

sounds like a faulty coolant temp sensor
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Would it not happen more often though ? I’ve had it 3 times in 3 years.

Comment

Just post fault codes here.
                            That's the best way to diagnose and and cure the problem.

Comment

So I had an overheating warning come on, after two hours tried to start and it runs for 3 or so seconds, temperature shoots to 130 and makes a clunking noise. Those are the error codes shown, mr clutch don’t know what to do but are also saying it throwing smoke from the back when they started it, I love this car... I’ve been reading the posts, do any of your cars smoke???
                              thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Gushaz0903 View Post
                                So I had an overheating warning come on, after two hours tried to start and it runs for 3 or so seconds, temperature shoots to 130 and makes a clunking noise. Those are the error codes shown, mr clutch don’t know what to do but are also saying it throwing smoke from the back when they started it, I love this car... I’ve been reading the posts, do any of your cars smoke???
                                thanks in advance
                                So......
                                we always like when new members join our forum, but we also like to keep it tidy and prefer new members to make they're first post an introduction post. As you joined some time again and have never introduced yourself.......would you please visit this section of the forum ( click link )

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X