Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left P plate on car too long, left with stuck on glue residue, how can i remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left P plate on car too long, left with stuck on glue residue, how can i remove?

Hi, I passed my test only a few months back and had a stick on P plate on the front (as a magnetic one wouldn't work on the front) the back would stick magnetically but for some reason the front wouldn't, so i got a stick on plate. The instructions did actually say not to leave it on too long without taking it off but i kind of forgot and it’s been a couple of months.

I took it off before and now it’s a bit patchy with a lot of old sticky glue kind of residue left on, i have tried using my nail to try and lift it with soap and some come off but other bits seem really stuck, does anyone know what might be the best way to remove it?

Regards

James

Bug and tar remover should do the trick,

Comment

wd40 .
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I think the bonnet is made of aluminium as they aren’t heavy enough for steel

Comment

As exclusiv said..wd40,underrated miracle worker.
          sigpic

Comment

Ha just used wd40 as suggested, worked great, thank you

Comment

You can't beat a bit of wd

Yeah front bumper is aluminium.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

You people must be made of money wd is way expensive can get a litre of nail polish remover for 50p does the same job your

Comment

Originally posted by MightyWhiteyBi.T View Post
                  You people must be made of money wd is way expensive can get a litre of nail polish remover for 50p does the same job your
                  Most people will have WD40 lying around, me having a wife and daughter I have both lying around

Comment

I would be very wary of using nail polish remover on paint work if it removes nail polish it could remove paint too .
                    Stick to WD40

Comment

Haha yea I got 5 750ml tins of wd.
                      But can't bare to waste it

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
                        I would be very wary of using nail polish remover on paint work if it removes nail polish it could remove paint too .
                        Stick to WD40
                        No it's great I always use it and never done any harm to paint in my experience anyways

Comment

Working...
                        X