Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rough idle 2.0 CDTI

Hi

been looking on on the net about rough idle on insignia there seems to be a few videos of people rev gauge moving up down at idle, mine seems like its about to stall when the rev drops

seems to be a problem with fuel pressure regulator sensor located at the back of engine.

been looking at replacement about 109 from eurocarparts

anyone had this problem and has replacing the fuel pressure regulator sensor sorted it ?

Here is a couple of videos people have post which what im getting. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...nia+rough+idle

has anyone changed fuel pressure regulator on here if so is it easy enuff to do ?

Did you replace the fuel pressure regulator? I have the same problem!

Comment

Hi did you bleed the fuel system of air after changing the proportional pressure regulature?

Comment

I did change it. It was an easy job, three bolts undo and pull it out, just do not forget to refit the gasket from old part (it might be stuck to sensor or the pump it self - guess how I know ).
        No bleeding needed, system is automatically bled. And it for sure helped with the bouncing idle issue.

Comment

So changed the fuel pressure regulature and idle rpm has stabilised. The engine still sounds like it is struggling to run. It tries to stall under load at low rpm. I'm woundsring if this is airflow problem or cylinder pressure problem. I'm going to try changing mass airflow sensor and use some edge cleaner. Anyone got any ideas

Comment

Hi, did you sort out your rough idle? Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X